DNR biologists consider CWD a real threat to Georgia's deer herd

garveywallbanger

Nothing could possibly go wrong with dozens of deer eating out of the same bowl and licking on salt blocks that coons and birds and critters slobber all over.
All done just so some of you can get a shot at a Whitetail during daylight hours...shameful

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
And licking those branches at scrapes they pee in and rubbing those trees. What could go wrong. Y’all must think they don’t socialize. I’ve seen them touch noses as they meet. I watch deer this week eat grasses behind each other that grows wild. They browse the same lines down trails.
Y’all are playing a broken record over and over. Mercy !

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
And licking those branches at scrapes they pee in and rubbing those trees. What could go wrong. Y’all must think they don’t socialize. I’ve seen them touch noses as they meet. I watch deer this week eat grasses behind each other that grows wild. They browse the same lines down trails.
Y’all are playing a broken record over and over. Mercy !

So you're saying this CWD is a natural phenomena and not a Man Made problem, like Global Warming? ::ke::bounce::bounce:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
So you're saying this CWD is a natural phenomena and not a Man Made problem, like Global Warming? ::ke::bounce::bounce:

No. But if it gets here it will spread. Faster with feed sites most likely but it would spread either way.

The earth has gone thru many changes and more are coming. Some will be man made. Nukes are no joke.

Gaswamp

its for the children! , Rep. Jason Shaw, R-Lakeland, who sponsored the 2011 measure, said the practice of baiting helps to promote the sport of hunting, particularly among Georgia’s would-be next generation of hunters.

“If the first time or two you take them deer hunting and they don’t see anything, what’s going to happen? They’re going to get bored and say, ‘Well, I’m not going to do that again,’” he said.

“For kids, it’s a lot more fun when you’re sitting there and you’re seeing animals rather than sitting there looking at your iPad,” Shaw added.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
its for the children! , Rep. Jason Shaw, R-Lakeland, who sponsored the 2011 measure, said the practice of baiting helps to promote the sport of hunting, particularly among Georgia’s would-be next generation of hunters.

“If the first time or two you take them deer hunting and they don’t see anything, what’s going to happen? They’re going to get bored and say, ‘Well, I’m not going to do that again,’” he said.

“For kids, it’s a lot more fun when you’re sitting there and you’re seeing animals rather than sitting there looking at your iPad,” Shaw added.

So basically the teachers of the "art of hunting" not sport, are not as good as they were back in the mid-70's when they taught many of us to hunt, even when we went weeks without ever seeing a deer? How in the world did we ever learn to hunt something we rarely saw?

OH, I know!!! We didn't have ipads and other electronic distractions and actually had an attention span, eagerness to learn and patience to do so.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Nothing could possibly go wrong with dozens of deer eating out of the same bowl and licking on salt blocks that coons and birds and critters slobber all over.
All done just so some of you can get a shot at a Whitetail during daylight hours...shameful

Poor little fella is just jealous some of us have an option to manage our deer herds cause we can actually afford too and we hunt on private land.

I think he's just upset he's not allowed to do anything on the public land he hunts..

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
So basically the teachers of the "art of hunting" not sport, are not as good as they were back in the mid-70's when they taught many of us to hunt, even when we went weeks without ever seeing a deer? How in the world did we ever learn to hunt something we rarely saw?

OH, I know!!! We didn't have ipads and other electronic distractions and actually had an attention span, eagerness to learn and patience to do so.

Food plots and tower stands weren't used in the 70's either

And most kids I knew including me started out on small game.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
If we kill all the sheep this issue would go away .

JB0704

I Gots Goats

Nope. Kids gotta pay they dues and not see anything for a while like most the rest of us did.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20

For the 40 yr old children? lol. I went deer hunting for 4 years before I saw a deer with my grandfather in the 70s. There were next to none on the farms we got to hunt. I still couldn't sleep at night. When my son started going at 4, I took him to places to see deer. Unless he wanted to sleep. He slept. When he was 8 and wanted to shoot a turkey. I sat him against a tree next to mine. He shot his turkey himself and carried it to the truck himself. If they just want to see animals take them to the zoo. Using kids as a crutch so grown men can bait won't fly. There's a lot more to the woods than watching wild animals stand over bait. That's what they make bird feeders for. It's either in you, or it's not.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

I started out on Fall turkeys and squirrels. When I was a youngun we didn`t have any deer nor a season on them.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
You're probably old enough to remember Elk in Georgia. ::ke:::ke:::ke:::ke:::ke:::gone:::gone:::gone:

:whip: :whip: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Contrary to popular belief and according to the archaeological record, elk never were in Georgia in historic times.

Buffalo were though. :)

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I started out on Fall turkeys and squirrels. When I was a youngun we didn`t have any deer nor a season on them.

Dove and quail here, then ducks, then deer and turkey. I remember well the days of no deer.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member

That all I had to hunt was small game. Was not many deer.
That area has deer now.