DNR biologists consider CWD a real threat to Georgia's deer herd

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I hunted one year down there close to Georgetown. '99 I think. Buddy got mad at the landowner and left it after 18 yrs. I left 2 stands down there. If you see them, get them. lol

Are they tree climbers. I really don’t use stands much. Mostly sit on the ground.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Are they tree climbers. I really don’t use stands much. Mostly sit on the ground.

One was a Warren and Sweat tripod with extensions. The other a hang on about 40 ft up an oak with screw ins. lol.

The tripod kept blowing over, and the big oak probably fell over. lol

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Come deer season here. The corn feeders have hogs. U can here them shooting them at the stands for miles.

XIronheadX

Come deer season here. The corn feeders have hogs. U can here them shooting them at the stands for miles.

All I remember was cotton and soybeans and the little restaurant at Georgetown.

I still have one Warren and Sweat tripod. 12ft aluminum. I replaced the plywood. It's 30 yrs old.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
One was a Warren and Sweat tripod with extensions. The other a hang on about 40 ft up an oak with screw ins. lol.

The tripod kept blowing over, and the big oak probably fell over. lol

There’s a baker bottom way up a tree with a bucket on it. It has nails up to it. Been there for years.
I sit in the creek there.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
All I remember was cotton and soybeans and the little restaurant at Georgetown.

I still have one Warren and Sweat tripod. 12ft aluminum. I replaced the plywood. It's 30 yrs old.

Michaels Rest. Maybe. A lot of them field got planted in pines now. Where y’all near the fire tower.

XIronheadX

There’s a baker bottom way up a tree with a bucket on it. It has nails up to it. Been there for years.
I sit in the creek there.

I don't have my Baker anymore. I think my uncle still has my grandfathers from 40 yrs ago. He'd hug the tree at 65 and climb, then squat down in it. I got a tree lounge out here. I need to sell it. I did 40 ft at 50 and retired it. lol.

XIronheadX

Michaels Rest. Maybe. A lot of them field got planted in pines now. Where y’all near the fire tower.

I can't remember. I went back across the lake from Eufala and hung a right and it was down on the left maybe.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
As long as it ain`t in atlanter. :D

I have no heart nor conscience when dealing with De Soto`s varmints. :smash:

Nic, I would rather scalp you then send you into Atlanta! It would be much more humane! Lee is just nuts! He’s got gold fever more than anyone I’ve ever seen! The boy needs help!:D

XIronheadX

Sounds like down 39 going toward Blakey.

Seems like that little restaurant was right there where I hung the right across the lake. There's been too many lefts and rights since then.

I looked on Google. May have been that Balkcom lake spot off 22/81.

Last edited:

garveywallbanger

Poor little fella is just jealous some of us have an option to manage our deer herds cause we can actually afford too and we hunt on private land.

I think he's just upset he's not allowed to do anything on the public land he hunts..

No Sir...I just think baiting is wrong...it takes the hunt out of hunting and should be illegal in all 49 states.

Browning Slayer

XIronheadX

No Sir...I just think baiting is wrong...it takes the hunt out of hunting and should be illegal in all 49 states.

Yep, you are right. Should be illegal on earth. Anyone caught should be sent to Mexico.
They aren't looking to hunt anyway. Just shoot stuff.

Browning Slayer

Nope. We aren't walking around underwater searching for fish behind brush piles. lol

At least I'm not. Those underwater food plots are something else though.

Why do you need to be under water to find brush piles? Especially considering, that's what lake fisherman are looking for. Any successful fisherman just doesn't blind cast all day in hopes of finding a fish. They look for structure with their eyes or with their graph. Heck, we now have side imaging, down imaging and even 360.. We can literally park a boat on top of them and drop a bait down to them. It's like spot lighting deer at night.

XIronheadX

Why do you need to be under water to find brush piles? Especially considering, that's what lake fisherman are looking for. Any successful fisherman just doesn't blind cast all day in hopes of finding a fish. They look for structure with their eyes or with their graph. Heck, we now have side imaging, down imaging and even 360.. We can literally park a boat on top of them and drop a bait down to them. It's like spot lighting deer at night.

Well baiting in hunting and fishing is apples and oranges. Just as I don't blind shoot in hopes of hitting a deer.