Most religions against homosexuality?

j_seph

Genesis 2:21
And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept; and he took one of his sides and closed up the flesh in its place;
Why I like my KJV
21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

Artfuldodger

Regardless of Adam being created in the image of God before Eve, the creation account is more about heterosexuality than anti-homosexuality.

There are other verses from Paul that may be better suited for that argument.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

Why I like my KJV
21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

The word tzela appears about 40 times in the Bible, but nowhere does it mean rib.

I don't have a particular translation I like. I generally look at all of them and use the one that backs up my side of the discussion the best.(lol)

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
At this point it is mentioned that a man must leave his parents and be united with his wife to become one flesh. Perhaps it may be a sin to remain single or to be gay.
I don’t believe that “to remain single is a sin” is the idea here.

Think more along the lines of the intention of a proper marriage. (Not saying govt has to be involved with a piece of paper) but one man and one woman become united as one.

Artfuldodger

I don’t believe that “to remain single is a sin” is the idea here.

Think more along the lines of the intention of a proper marriage. (Not saying govt has to be involved with a piece of paper) but one man and one woman become united as one.

I actually don't believe the verse is saying it's a sin to remain single or gay. They would both deter being fruitful and multiplying. So would birth control for that matter. Remember when birth control was wrong? Not that many years ago.

Yes a Christian marriage is between one man and his wife. The passage is about that unity but is it saying it's wrong to not have that unity? To remain single or to use birth control.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I actually don't believe the verse is saying it's a sin to remain single or gay. They would both deter being fruitful and multiplying. So would birth control for that matter. Remember when birth control was wrong? Not that many years ago.

Yes a Christian marriage is between one man and his wife. The passage is about that unity but is it saying it's wrong to not have that unity? To remain single or to use birth control.
I believe there should be some type of “union”. Anything that would create a bond or commitment that says “she’s mine and I’m hers”.

I don’t know of a reason that it would be wrong to remain single. It would be wrong for me because I’d probably be known as “my babies daddy” from more than a few , especially if birth control was wrong at the same time.

I do remember birth control being an issue for some. But we were always told “better place it on hold if it ain’t controlled “