Blast from the past

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Y'all were decked out and ready for action! Everyone wanted to play the cowboy. Nobody wanted to play the Indian! :bounce:

carver

Y'all were decked out and ready for action! Everyone wanted to play the cowboy. Nobody wanted to play the Indian! :bounce:
Back in that day about the only thing on TV was cowboys and the TV was black and white

carver

My brother has passed so all I have now are pictures of he and I

carver

I was 6 in this photo,and remember it like it was yesterday(one of my fondest memories)

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Back in that day about the only thing on TV was cowboys and the TV was black and white
That's what my father told me. In fact, he watches some of those same old shows today. The Rifleman, Gun Smoke, Bonanza, Rawhide, and The Big Valley. I'll watch them sometimes too. Linda Evans was beautiful in The Big Valley!

My brother has passed so all I have now are pictures of he and I

Sorry for your loss, brother. I have a few old photos of my family and I, but wish I had even more. No videos, though. I scanned a huge box of family photos into my computer a few years ago. It took forever, but I wanted to make sure I had a digital copy of them in case something were to happen to the original images. I have several backup disks and online storage of my photos.

Thanks for sharing, bud. I find older photos like that interesting. (y)

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
That is a good picture of some happy kids.

We had a family reunion Sunday and shared some old pictures. One of my cousins had a pic of me, Dad and Mike (the dog that helped raise me) from about 1949.

Mike was a great bird dog. I have lots of Mike stories. About 5 years ago I heard a new to me Mike story from a man that had hunted with Dad over half a
century earlier.

Mike, JCR sr & jr.jpg

Last edited:

wvdawg

Staff member
Thanks for sharing those memories Jerry. Good stuff!

carver

Thanks Dennis,My brother died a couple of years ago,we kinda went different ways,(my younger brother and I have hunted together for over 20 years,we have always been close,we have 10 years between us,my older brother in the picture was only a year older.)Wish now I'd done more to make amends.....sad really,Thanks for the comments,it means a lot.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
You boys look like you're holding Mare's legs, just like Josh Randall.

carver

And Steve McQueen(Dead or Alive),Woody Strode (Once upon a time in the west), Woody Harrelson (Nut up or shut up),Josh Randal(Track Down),Zoe (friefly)