Moonpie's breakfast Bistro..... What y'all having?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GA1dad

I was really impressed with their sage version, too. Hyooge flavor without the heat. My wife loved it.

It's definitely on par with Jimmy Dean, in my humble opinion. The only thing is that the local stores here don't stock as many versions at they do with the JD lineup.

Funny, my local store didn't have the sage,, that's why I wound up with the mild. Now I gotta find the sage somewhere and test it too.

naildrvr

Decided to take me a day off and do some much-needed work on a deer stand for me and Jake. Thought I'd get the day rolling with some strong 8o'clock original and four scrambled jalapeno and cheese eggs with some chicken left over from Wednesday night.IMG_20181005_071917148-600x800.jpg

Dub

I love me some Tennessee Pride hot. Used to got to school and play football with Larry Odum, it was his father and grandfather who founded Tennessee Pride. My school bus passed by the plant every day in the 60's and 70's. I really like using the hot in my chili and queso dip.

That is really cool. I can see where such history has you and your family fans for life.

I'm really glad that NCHB turned us onto it.

Funny, my local store didn't have the sage,, that's why I wound up with the mild. Now I gotta find the sage somewhere and test it too.

I hit the closeby Neighborhood Market on my way home from work this morning.....they only had the TH Mild. I bought a pack of it as well as some JD Hot. Looking forward to tomorrow's breakfast....Lord Willing. I'm gong to try the biscuit recipe with some actual buttermilk and see how it works out.

Decided to take me a day off and do some much-needed work on a deer stand for me and Jake. Thought I'd get the day rolling with some strong 8o'clock original and four scrambled jalapeno and cheese eggs with some chicken left over from Wednesday night.View attachment 945052

That looks great !!!!

Super fuel for a great day off. I'm gonna follow your lead tomorrow morning with some hash browns and scrambled eggs with a good dose of pepper.

8 O'Clock has been what I've been using for quite some time, now. I get the large bags of whole beans (Columbian Peaks)....run 'em through my grinder and into the coffee maker. I'll brew a 40oz pot....have a couple cups right away and then take the rest in a cup just like yours with me to work. Those cups keep it nice 'n hot for hours. It's crazy how well they work.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Decided to take me a day off and do some much-needed work on a deer stand for me and Jake. Thought I'd get the day rolling with some strong 8o'clock original and four scrambled jalapeno and cheese eggs with some chicken left over from Wednesday night.View attachment 945052
Looks dang good! First time I ever seen someone sprinkle Mary Wanda all ova their eggs!

Reactions: Dub

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fired up the blackstone this morning and cooked some blueberry pancakes, applewood bacon, and some excellent sausage made right up the road from me by some folks who even raise their own hogs for the sausage.

pancakes1.jpg

pancakes2.jpg

pancakes-3.jpg

Dub

Fired up the blackstone this morning and cooked some blueberry pancakes, applewood bacon, and some excellent sausage made right up the road from me by some folks who even raise their own hogs for the sausage.

View attachment 945158

View attachment 945159

View attachment 945161

Dangitman, that looks delicious. That's a breaffuss that'll hold ya solid all day.

Had some errands to run this morning.....and grabbed son's breakfuss from drive-thru because he was rushed to get to work.

It was 11:30am by the time I got around to thinking about breakfast/lunch.

I'd not cared for the drive-thru options I'd given my son...and didn't want to do a traditional breakfuss spread for just me.

Looked around in the fridge & freezer and spotted a likely combo that I know will see the leftovers scarfed down by someone this weekend.

Came together just in time for me to watch the kickoff and opening half of my Pirates vs Temple. We are getting blown away in all phases of the game.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I haven't had a brat in a long time-craving flung!

Dub

Man, I haven't had a brat in a long time-craving flung!

(y)

I love some Johnsonville brats. Heck....I even used Johnsonville buns on this cook, too.

So many ways to cook 'em.

These were just cooked over a bed of sweet onions that had been rolled around in olive oil just before the brats went on.

My sone came in shortly after work and polished off two of them......then came down later and knocked off the final two. :D

Young bro has a metabolism that has him looking like Elvis in his prime.

Me....I'm more like the off-Vegas Elvis impersonators who are going for the fat-Elvis look....."I wanna hunk-a-hunk-a-burning chocolate cake"....only I went too far. :rofl:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
(y)

I love some Johnsonville brats. Heck....I even used Johnsonville buns on this cook, too.

So many ways to cook 'em.

These were just cooked over a bed of sweet onions that had been rolled around in olive oil just before the brats went on.

My sone came in shortly after work and polished off two of them......then came down later and knocked off the final two. :D

Young bro has a metabolism that has him looking like Elvis in his prime.

Me....I'm more like the off-Vegas Elvis impersonators who are going for the fat-Elvis look....."I wanna hunk-a-hunk-a-burning chocolate cake"....only I went too far. :rofl:
I know the feeling. :rofl:

My favorite way to cook Johnsonville brats is on the grill with some pecan or hickory or post oak smoke, then hit them with some beer when they're just about done and let them steam on there, then stuff them in a bun with some seasoned peppers and onions that I cook in one of those grill woks while I'm doing the brats. But-they are awful good any way I cook them up. I love brats. Grilled, pan-fried, griddled, roasted on a stick over the far-I like 'em. :cheers:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Dub

Had some job-related stuff to attend to earlier....then got serious about feeding everyone at the house.

Made another skillet of the cheddar biscuits for this morning's family breakfuss.

Used buttermilk this time and it was an improvement over using regular milk. No surprise there.

I also used the Tennessee Pride Mild that I'd piked up the other day at the store, due to them not having Hot or Sage available. Flavor on it was good.....but I felt that my share needed a few shots of Crystal on it.

A pair of over-easy eggs wound up on top of the hash browns as soon as the pic was taken.

Sure is good to be home and enjoying some strong coffee while getting things done.

Couldn't finish the bacon....but my 4-legged buddies took a keen interest in it and won out. :rofl:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I had some biscuits left over from my chicken last night, so YHFP fired up the Blackstone and made some bacon, sausage, jalapeno eggs, and jalapeno potato patties to go with them. Mighty tasty.

breakfast4.jpg

GA1dad

Found myself at a different grocery store last night and they had the Tennessee Pride Sage. With much anticipation I made a couple of breakfast sliders this morning. Once again, a great product!!

20181008_070555.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.