Monday morning pre-front Bass w/pics

Scout'nStripers

I hadn't been on Lanier since last Monday so I went on a little recon trip this morning. I was making my rounds and rolled up on a hump that was just loaded with stripers. They we're surfacing all around the boat and I boated one 10-12lber right away. I made the mistake of throwing a fluke to a big striper with 8lb test and he smoked it. I had him on for about 30 seconds and he pulled off. Fun on the fluke and spinning gear. I did find a few bass. They were biting the fluke good today.

20181015131348(3).jpg20181015131348(2).jpgtoo. I think the approaching front had them eating. Here's a few of the bigger bass.

Last edited:

Coenen

Nice! I was out this weekend, got on a few pulling bait, but not like you'd like. Top 'n drop with the lures still looks like the ticket.

It's going to be on for the next few weeks! I saw a big old school busting out by the dam on the drive home tonight.

Scout'nStripers

Nice! I was out this weekend, got on a few pulling bait, but not like you'd like. Top 'n drop with the lures still looks like the ticket.

It's going to be on for the next few weeks! I saw a big old school busting out by the dam on the drive home tonight.
It was good to see schools of stripers on the surface this morning. It really gets my adrenaline going.

Lanier Jim

Sweet! Must be nice to be able to get out on weekdays and fish....see you out there tomorrow, Wed, Thurs, and Fri. :)

615groundpounder

Not a color that I normally throw but always seeing Jim post with his emerald popper had me tie up one for the fly rod. The fly is basically a game changer pattern with a Howitzer head. I thought I saw Jim right after I caught the first spot and wanted to run over and say hey but at the same time didn't want to get too close to disturb his fishing.

stripertopwater.jpgspottopwater.jpg

Scout'nStripers

Not a color that I normally throw but always seeing Jim post with his emerald popper had me tie up one for the fly rod. The fly is basically a game changer pattern with a Howitzer head. I thought I saw Jim right after I caught the first spot and wanted to run over and say hey but at the same time didn't want to get too close to disturb his fishing.

View attachment 946056View attachment 946057

Nice looking popper groundpounder. Something about that color. Here's a couple pics I took from this morning.

tuesday.jpgtuesday1.jpgtuesday2.jpgtuesday3.jpg

jocko755

Dang some FAT big bass! Way to go.

Do you think the front will put them off tomorrow?

I will probably fish anyway!

Scout'nStripers

Dang some FAT big bass! Way to go.

Do you think the front will put them off tomorrow?

I will probably fish anyway!
I hope not Jocko, I'll be out tomorrow too. The bite was slower today. The wind had shifted from the east to the west/northwest this morning which kinda threw me off for a while.

TroyBoy30

Sweet! Must be nice to be able to get out on weekdays and fish....see you out there tomorrow, Wed, Thurs, and Fri. :)

Saw you out there today. You didn’t wave or nothin! I was out with Rob. Pretty sure we passed you outside of old federal.

I hope not Jocko, I'll be out tomorrow too. The bite was slower today. The wind had shifted from the east to the west/northwest this morning which kinda threw me off for a while.

Little slow for us today as well, but we found a solid large mouth pattern.

Out tomorrow with the myth, the man, the legend. Capt Mack.

Scout'nStripers

Saw you out there today. You didn’t wave or nothin! I was out with Rob. Pretty sure we passed you outside of old federal.

Little slow for us today as well, but we found a solid large mouth pattern.

Out tomorrow with the myth, the man, the legend. Capt Mack.
Did I have anyone in the boat with me? If I didn't wave I was probably in deep though or my glasses were fogged over from that sweet little rain shower. Good luck tomorrow with Capt. Mack.