CZ 527 Carbine 7.62 X 39

Gator89

I just acquired a CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62x39, Grab A Gun dot com has them for very good price.

Couple of initial thoughts, nice wood grain and kind of a gray color. Single set trigger that breaks like a glass rod, no creep.

Couple of issues with GAG,

1) their link to said gun showed a rifle without iron sights
2) ad stated rifle was designed to be used with optics

Gun arrived with sights and no rings. GAG listed the gun as a "Rustic" carbine, but that was discontinued a few years ago.

I emailed GAG about the lack of rings, will see what happens. But I am keeping this rifle, going to the local indoor range later to pop a few primers at 25 yards.

I have some PPU and some Brown Bear soft point ammo headed this way. CZ recommends European ammo due to chamber specs, best results with .311 projectiles. May try some Hornady steel case in the future, but today just Wolf steel case.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-carbine-223-rem/

Gonna top this little dude with a Trijicon Accupoint 3x9x40 green dot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 535

sghoghunter

I saw one in a pawn shop down here for $400 and loved the feel of the gun. Only thing I didn't like was the way the metal magazine stuck below the wood

Darien1

I love mine. Mine didn't come with rings and I think they all have iron sights. It's a great deer rifle. I think if CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored tomorrow I would hit the bushes with mine. I also have the same carbine in .223. CZ makes fantastic rifles.

Gator89

Grab a Gun gave me a $20 credit for lack of rings in the box according to their sales ad. I ordered some Burris rings off EBay door $43 delivered, so a net of $23 is not bad.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The Hornady steel-cased ammo with the SST bullets is excellent deer hunting ammo. It will mush the inside of their chest cavity. Best I've found for the caliber so far.

Neat rifle, I've considered buying one myself. While that Trijicon is a high quality piece of glass, I'd also suggest looking at something a tad smaller in keeping with the compact size of the rifle and the round's capabilities, perhaps. I'd like to put a VX-R 1.25-4×20 with Firedot #4 or Firedot Duplex on top for the added FOV at short ranges, but YMMV.

I was not a big fan of the CZ rings on my 527/223 And way prefer the Warne for CZ rings.

Enjoy that nice new toy! :cool:

Gator89

Neat rifle, I've considered buying one myself. While that Trijicon is a high quality piece of glass, I'd also suggest looking at something a tad smaller in keeping with the compact size of the rifle and the round's capabilities, perhaps. I'd like to put a VX-R 1.25-4×20 with Firedot #4 or Firedot Duplex on top for the added FOV at short ranges, but YMMV.

I was not a big fan of the CZ rings on my 527/223 And way prefer the Warne for CZ rings.

Enjoy that nice new toy! :cool:

Thank you for your response, if the 3x9x40 does not fit, I scrounge around and find something it fits.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Scoping these rifles is a little problematic due to the bolt lift interfering with the ocular housing.
The Hillbilly is right about the Hornady steel case ammo, sub MOA out of my 527 carbine.

Gator89

Scoping these rifles is a little problematic due to the bolt lift interfering with the ocular housing.
The Hillbilly is right about the Hornady steel case ammo, sub MOA out of my 527 carbine.

I got my scope mounted Friday and took it to Georgia Gun Club to get on paper. I used Burris medium height rings, clearance is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch, I will measure next time I open the safe. Really thick gloves could be problematic with the bolt throw. The PPU ammo definitely shoots minute of critter. I have Hornady on order for store pickup at Cabela's in Acworth since I had some gift cards to burn.

Gator89

I can cycle the bolt with both my light weight and heavier weight gloves I wear when hunting. Technique will be important, grasp the blot with thumb and finger. Not enough clearance to "palm" the bolt.

MCBUCK

Saweet! What’s the barrel length on that little shooter?
How much did that little rig cost without scope?