Upcoming Lanier Fishing Seminar

Scout'nStripers

Folks, I got permission from the GON forum admin this morning to mention a little about an upcoming fishing seminar for Lake Lanier. On Jan. 5th myself, Lanier Jim and Jimbo on Lanier will hosting and conducting an in depth presentation for bass fishing on Lake Lanier appropriately named "The Jiminar". This years theme is titled "A Year on Lanier" and we will all be on stage at one time breaking down Lanier by 4 seasons and our personal tactics for the seasons. There will also be large vendor area with plenty of local vendors plus former Atlanta Braves pitcher Mark Wohlers and his son Jake will be in attendance to chat about fishing and maybe a little baseball. Biscuits and gravy will be served for breakfast and sloppy Joe's for lunch will also be available for this all day event. Please feel free to send me a personal message for more details on this great event. We look forward to seeing you there!!

Lanier Jim

Good stuff Jim....we've worked hard on this to make it special.

Big7

The Oracle
Will the event be at a Marina or something
easy to find?

I'd like to come but don't know the lake
very well. I mostly go to Oconee or
Santee-Cooper for Linesides and big Cats.

I'd like to learn more about Lanier.

THANKS !

Coenen

You and Jimbo may be doing tactics for all seasons. LJ only has one tactic. ?

Scout'nStripers

Will the event be at a Marina or something
easy to find?

I'd like to come but don't know the lake
very well. I mostly go to Oconee or
Santee-Cooper for Linesides and big Cats.

I'd like to learn more about Lanier.

THANKS !
It's located at 6140 Events 400. Basically it's 4 miles north of exit 17 on 400.
You and Jimbo may be doing tactics for all seasons. LJ only has one tactic. ?
LJ knows more than he let's on plus he's the spybait master on Lanier.

BoosterC

How about clearly posting Date, Time, Location and cost ,if any, of said seminar. That would help a lot. My ESP has gotten rusty.

Scout'nStripers

How about clearly posting Date, Time, Location and cost ,if any, of said seminar. That would help a lot. My ESP has gotten rusty.
6140 Events
Ga. 400
Cumming, Ga. 30028
Doors open at 8am till 2:30pm
PM sent for more details

Last edited:

Lanier Jim

Shhhhhh Jim, Coenen doesn't know. I can only guess he's talking about the drop shot - I'm still learning that technique :) Other techniques like the spybait, shakey head, Ned Rig, Swimbait, Underspin, Spoon, Crankbait, fluke, and Topwater are never on my deck.....and you've never seen them on my deck either :)

Last edited:

Coenen

Shhhhhh Jim, Coenen doesn't know. I can only guess he's talking about the drop shot - I'm still learning that technique :)
If you're gonna be a one trick pony, it had better be a good trick. ?

I know better. Just wanted to give you the business.

Lanier Jim

Lol....I know where you hang out....you just don't know that I do. You just keep dropping fruity worms :)

Scout'nStripers

I’m assuming Jimbo will have his normal dvd of the presentation afterwards?
Troy, we didn't do one last year and I don't remember a video from the year before. We've met a few times and teleconferenced a lot to plan this years event and we've not discussed a video to this point. I'll bring it up at our next meeting though. Good question.

Coenen

Lol....I know where you hang out....you just don't know that I do. You just keep dropping fruity worms :)
Bahaha! Explains why I'm catching so many small bass lately, you and S'nS are vacuuming up all the big ones! It's not any kind of big secret where to find me on the lake.

If those silly worms keep catching, I'll keep dropping. (y)

Lanier Jim

My last two outings nursed! It was really just some scouting trips....fished a little, not much for me those two days. Hope to be back out tomorrow if weather permits, if not - will be out Wednesday.

Scout'nStripers

Guys, as of last night there was still a few seats still available for the seminar. Last check was 193 registered and we need to cap it at 200 or just a little over because of seating. It's going to be a great show with local vendors and 2 meals served plus a lot of good info for bass fishing on Lake Lanier. Shoot me a PM for more info..