Is it over.....

Christian hughey

I have never bear hunted, but I must say the guys on this subforum are the least competitive, most helpful bunch on this site! I enjoy seeing y'alls reports. My favorite hunting is squirrel hunting and my favorite fishing is catfishing with a pole. Not much ego or competition involved in either pursuit. Just let's me relax and enjoy myself. You guys seem to have the same attitude about your hunting.
I agree, these guys are totally different people, the deer forum is full of a bunch of rejects looking for an argument about everyyhing. The bear guys have all been pretty cool, I've meet a couple new good huntin buddies. Thanks guys

Rabun

Hey Tree Cutter, why did they close WC road? Drove the entire length of it three weeks ago and it seemed fine.

Buckman18

I do not know but I’m wondering if the road gave way after all that rain? It’s been known to happen in there.

FMBear

I can only assume some trees came down. This much rain and plenty of leaning trees along Wild Cat. The soft soil would give way easily. Hopefully they can get the roads back open for some opportunity before the National Forest season closes.

Back40hunter

Dang. I was planning to go to Dicks creek. Thanks for the info though, I'll get a different game plan going
You can still accessing some good hunting in behind the old check station on Moccasin. I haven’t been there this year but you will come closer to being low enough to find acorns in this area than if you had gone up Wildcat or Dicks Creek. Good luck.

SouthGa Fisher

You can still accessing some good hunting in behind the old check station on Moccasin. I haven’t been there this year but you will come closer to being low enough to find acorns in this area than if you had gone up Wildcat or Dicks Creek. Good luck.
I've never hunted North Ga before, let alone the hills. I just went looking Sunday morning at a place closer to the house and I have to say, I wish some of those south GA boys I grew up with would come up here. My body still hurts. I found plenty of sign though.

With that being said I'll be back in short order. I love it no matter how tough the climb is.

Buckman18

I've never hunted North Ga before, let alone the hills. I just went looking Sunday morning at a place closer to the house and I have to say, I wish some of those south GA boys I grew up with would come up here. My body still hurts. I found plenty of sign though.

With that being said I'll be back in short order. I love it no matter how tough the climb is.

Pushing yourself to be successful in the mountains will make a hunter out of you. South GA hunting is a piece of cake compared to the mountains in all regards: physically, mentally, weather, and game density. South GA hunting is more ‘fun’ and hunting the mountains is more ‘rewarding’ imo. Good luck!

goshenmountainman

Got a pic of a huge boar bear Tuesday night at my hog trap, he leisurely feeds up to the door, goes in, eats all the hog bait, throws trap door and then tears the sides off the pen to get out.. He looks to be in the 400lb. range, I hope somebody gets him before he hides out somewhere.. I am tired of these dang things!!

goshenmountainman

I see him often in the summer and early fall, then he goes nocturnal. Haven't ever seen him in the daylight during hunting season period. If I ever do he will get the arrow or the lead.. quick, fast, and in a hurry!!

jbogg

That’s a giant! They don’t get that big by showing off during daylight while hunting season is open. Good luck gettin him.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Had a good one, not quite the size of goshen's, on a trail cam outside of Helen last week.