Chesstatee mountain buck

Coon Dog

I’ve not posted or comment on here in a long time Congrats on a nice buck i hunted this deer last two years I heard you the first shot about 20 minutes after I jumped him walking in it made me sick when I heard you shoot I was running late he was not spooked to bad but I seen his rack in the skylight coming around from the side of the top towards you and you was the first shot I was hoping no one was hunting around that side of the mountain Opening day of this hunt needles to say I have not went back was going in the morning back in there but got word you killed a good one and we have passed each other a few times on that road in the past years so seeing the deer confirms it I was hoping someone had just shot a bear around that rock face I came in the long ways trying not to spoke anything but that back fired on me congratulations truly I did let a spike and a 6 pointer walk

tree cutter 08

I’ve not posted or comment on here in a long time Congrats on a nice buck i hunted this deer last two years I heard you the first shot about 20 minutes after I jumped him walking in it made me sick when I heard you shoot I was running late he was not spooked to bad but I seen his rack in the skylight coming around from the side of the top towards you and you was the first shot I was hoping no one was hunting around that side of the mountain Opening day of this hunt needles to say I have not went back was going in the morning back in there but got word you killed a good one and we have passed each other a few times on that road in the past years so seeing the deer confirms it I was hoping someone had just shot a bear around that rock face I came in the long ways trying not to spoke anything but that back fired on me congratulations truly I did let a spike and a 6 pointer walk
sent you a pm. There was another shot not to far away about 20 mins before I shot. I don't think this buck was bumped, if he was you had some more of a walk in.

Mtn. Hunter

Impressive. I knew you would get on the board in December. Not a great many; know how much time; and how hard that is to do that. Congrats

Staygold

Today was a fine day in the woods! Good Lord sent me this fine buck about 745 this morning. I got set up right at daylight after a long walk up the mountain. Heard something behind me not long after light but it got quiet again for 10 or 15 mins. Happened again, then the 3rd time he appeared at a steady fast past walk out of the laurals through the open woods. I realized he was definitely a shooter and picked a opening and waited for him to walk into it. He did and the 243 did the rest. I had pics of this deer last year but never could get up with him on the hunts. Soon as I shot I knew it had to be him. He's got the stickers that gouged the big dogwoods up last year that were mile or two apart. Walked several hundred miles since July and seen few of deer as I've ever seen. Very thankful to have got this buck! They aged him at 6 1/2 plus at the check station.
What kind of pack is that?

tree cutter 08

have I ever hunted there? I sure can't make that walk any more on account of my knees and such. Great buck kyle. congrats.
thanks dana! I'm sure you been in that neck of the woods a time or two! I've covered a good bit of ground over there since we last talked a year or two ago. Chestatee has some of the prettiest woods to me as anywhere I've been.