My Teardrop Trailer Build

longbowdave1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a slideshow from all the pictures posted. Maybe the video will help others with some ideas if they build one.

1982ace

Awesome work! I built one a few years ago but nowhere near the quality of yours. I plan on skinning mine out eventually with the filon. Right now it is just painted plywood and painted sheet metal roof. I’m having mildew issues on the exterior.

longbowdave1

Awesome work! I built one a few years ago but nowhere near the quality of yours. I plan on skinning mine out eventually with the filon. Right now it is just painted plywood and painted sheet metal roof. I’m having mildew issues on the exterior.

Thanks for the compliments. Yes, I hear you about the mold issues, that's why I took the expensive plunge into the Filon siding. I park my teardrop on the North side of my garage, and that spot is very prone to mold and mildew with the little sunlight it gets. I also picked up a storage cover from Classic Industries on the big auction site for 69$. It is very lightweight, but should keep the elements off the trailer. Should hold up few years. I have a friend that makes canvas covers, I may get a custom cover when this one wears out. Teardrop Storage Cover.jpg

T-N-T

Looks great. I missed the whole build for lack of GON interaction lately.

Great teardrop!
I build one 5 by 10. I liked it but it lacked a few things I would really like. I sold it after 2 trips and stuck to the travel trailer.
I will build another one I figure when I get the right doner trailer. But this time, 6 by 12 at least.

Gobbler Down

Absolutely a work of art. You Sir have mad skills....congratulations on a job well done.

longbowdave1

Looks great. I missed the whole build for lack of GON interaction lately.

Great teardrop!
I build one 5 by 10. I liked it but it lacked a few things I would really like. I sold it after 2 trips and stuck to the travel trailer.
I will build another one I figure when I get the right doner trailer. But this time, 6 by 12 at least.

Thank you. Didn't you post a thread on your build if I remember correctly? Was it the teardrop with the aluminum exterior?

longbowdave1

Absolutely a work of art. You Sir have mad skills....congratulations on a job well done.

Thank you. I've been busy in the work shop building a few gadgets for an ice fishing trip coming up right after Christmas. Always building something or another.

T-N-T

Thank you. Didn't you post a thread on your build if I remember correctly? Was it the teardrop with the aluminum exterior?
I did. It's in the camping forum.

longbowdave1

I remember seeing your build, it was awesome. I never imagined that I would be be building one, but I did. Thanks for the inspiration!

T-N-T

I remember seeing your build, it was awesome. I never imagined that I would be be building one, but I did. Thanks for the inspiration!
Fun, ain't it.

ucfireman

Just found this thread. BEAUTIFUL trailer!!.
Looks like it will do what its intended to do, Keep you warm, dry and a good night sleep.
Love tear drop trailers although I have never had any RV so I really cannot comment too much.

longbowdave1

Just found this thread. BEAUTIFUL trailer!!.
Looks like it will do what its intended to do, Keep you warm, dry and a good night sleep.
Love tear drop trailers although I have never had any RV so I really cannot comment too much.
Thank you, glad you like it. Bowhunting opens in two weeks up here, and the teardrop will see some heavy usage this fall. I didnt get to use it much last fall since i didnt finish it until 3rd week of November. Time to dust it off and get some hunt/ camp time in! Cant wait.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Wow! I can't believe I missed this one. You're an artist longbowdave. That thing is perfect!