God's Salvation plan?

Madman

I imagine that when His majesty is apparent, the divine spark in even those who have fought against Him will lead them to willingly go to their knees....
That is why even after seeing his majesty 1/3 of the Angel's fell.

j_seph

Well I asked twice about your denomination and no reply. Guess it's something you do not like to discuss. Carry on

welderguy

Well I asked twice about your denomination and no reply. Guess it's something you do not like to discuss. Carry on

Denomination does not define my beliefs, only the Word spoken to me by the Spirit. If it did, it would be a cult. The majority of the people I attend church with would react similar to you over these things. But that's very understandable. The kingdom is not for everyone in this life. But I love them just the same.

Last edited:

Madman

Denomination does not define my beliefs, only the Word spoken to me by the Spirit. If it did, it would be a cult. The majority of the people I attend church with would react similar to you over these things. But that's very understandable. The kingdom is not for everyone in this life. But I love them just the same.
If your beliefs are outside mainline Christiainty, perhaps the spirit you are listening to is not of God. 1 John 4:1

welderguy

If your beliefs are outside mainline Christiainty, perhaps the spirit you are listening to is not of God. 1 John 4:1

Oh...so I should always follow the masses, because after all , if the majority is doing something, then it must be right..?...gotcha.

j_seph

1 John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Peter 2:1 - But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in ****able heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
Matthew 7:15 - Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

welderguy

1 John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Peter 2:1 - But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in ****able heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
Matthew 7:15 - Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Show me where you think I'm being false , and we will try the spirits.

j_seph

Show me where you think I'm being false , and we will try the spirits.
Just trying to understand your thought process that the unsaved will still or can still go to heaven. It seems that you talk of there being a Heaven a HeII and some other place as well.

welderguy

Just trying to understand your thought process that the unsaved will still or can still go to heaven. It seems that you talk of there being a Heaven a HeII and some other place as well.

Let's look at the text you quoted above in 2 Peter 2:1.
Do you think the false prophet was a "saved" individual? I ask because it says the Lord "bought" him. If the Lord bought him, wouldn't you think he's going to heaven? If not, why not?

gemcgrew

Won't proclaim it to those that he loves.

Proclaims it to us.

:unsure:

j_seph

None can be saved but by Jesus Christ, through their own wickedness and sin, some will perish for whom Jesus died. He died so that all may be saved and have ever lasting life. Jesus paid the price for all, it is up to an individual to accept him or not. The price was paid for us all.

welderguy

None can be saved but by Jesus Christ, through their own wickedness and sin, some will perish for whom Jesus died. He died so that all may be saved and have ever lasting life. Jesus paid the price for all, it is up to an individual to accept him or not. The price was paid for us all.

You're saying salvation is "up to an individual"?
You sure?
If that is true, I think we're all in trouble.

j_seph

You're saying salvation is "up to an individual"?
You sure?
If that is true, I think we're all in trouble.
I am saying this, I have a step son who is not saved. He has not accepted Jesus Christ as his personal savior. You have a choice...………..to accept him or to deny him.

j_seph

And no offense to you but to know that my stepson could sit at home, pull up an internet browser, and search the unsaved go to heaven and have eternal life and for him to possibly believe that does offend me.

welderguy

And no offense to you but to know that my stepson could sit at home, pull up an internet browser, and search the unsaved go to heaven and have eternal life and for him to possibly believe that does offend me.

I think , in your mind, you have given me way too much power.
If God wants your stepson saved, there's nothing he, or I, or you, or anyone else can do to prevent that. I pray that you'll find peace and rest for that anxious mind of yours brother.

j_seph

I think , in your mind, you have given me way too much power.
If God wants your stepson saved, there's nothing he, or I, or you, or anyone else can do to prevent that. I pray that you'll find peace and rest for that anxious mind of yours brother.
I ask that you please DO NOT pray for me sir. Just that 1st verse there tells you that YOU have to confess it, and just confessing it will not do.

Romans 10:9-10 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the LORD Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:13 - For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
John 3:5 - Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Acts 16:30-33
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

Artfuldodger

Compare this to Romans 11. A remnant was elected out of Israel by God's grace alone. It had to be by grace alone or it wasn't grace.

What happened to the remainder of Israel? "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that could not see, and ears that could not hear, to this very day.”
Because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you will not be conceited: A hardening in part has come to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved. "This is My covenant with them when I take away their sins.”

As far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs,
for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable.

Artfuldodger

Paul said about God;
O, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable His judgments, and untraceable His ways!

He said this about this passage concerning election, disobedience to all, and salvation to all.

Something is going on that Paul knew we would question God about. What was it? What was the issue that we would question?