Any county in Georgia.

Ace1313

Worth is pretty crazy. Both population and bone. Counties like Brooks, Colquitt and Thomas have hot spots but they don’t hold a candle to Worth. The extreme SW counties do have a fun late rut date, but they are not the proper destination for a big racked buck.
Lee. Because I know, and see, what is here.

Most are never registered. With good reason.

This is the reason I moved down here 6 years ago. Three others that are overlooked Mitchell, Baker, and Early.

Mitchell the same as Worth just mostly private and people rarely mention what they kill.

Baker, all private and plantations. I have personally seen three Booners on the hoof the last two years there.

Early, great management and some seriously great deer that rarely get notice.

crucible02

Worth or Lee. If only I hunted growing up. My grandmother owned a 100+ acres of farmland in Worth. Sold it by the time I started hunting in my late 20’s. As a kid, I remember playing in those woods and seeing huge bucks in the peanut fields.

Ace1313

Proof that antler restricted counties are not all that!

With the lack of hunters per acre and large private landholdings you get the QDM regs. The people serious about deer hunting over birds do institute age management goals over rack.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Proof that antler restricted counties are not all that!
I think one of the problems is as soon as the deer is legal it gets shot. One of the reasons that the QDM was instituted was to allow the younger bucks to live a couple of years. I know historically when I was s kid some of those counties were very popular especially with meat hunters for the high population of deer.

buckpasser

Lee. Because I know, and see, what is here.

Most are never registered. With good reason.

That’s like Brooks. While we’re at it, Dougherty is a heck of a good county too on the right parcel.

GrantC77

Meriwether use to be really good but feel like its becoming the next Jasper county..hunted to hard. Dooly and Wilkinson county are good to, Dooly always been consistent for bigger deer. North Taylor County and southern Crawford is good near the Flint river.

livetohunt

Doesn't really matter what county..I think the counties that have the lowest hunting pressure would be desirable. What matters is that bucks are living to 5+ years old. So I would choose any farm county surrounded by 1000's of acres of very highly managed land.

Jim Boyd

I would choose an archery only county around Atlanta.

By virtue, the hunting practices help to describe age structure.

I do believe age structure to be the defining attribute for trophy class bucks.

What is amazing is that they crank out trophy after trophy with a relatively low amount of timbered acreage - and hardly any agriculture.

Alas, I have no access so it is just a dream.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
I would choose an archery only county around Atlanta.

By virtue, the hunting practices help to describe age structure.

I do believe age structure to be the defining attribute for trophy class bucks.

What is amazing is that they crank out trophy after trophy with a relatively low amount of timbered acreage - and hardly any agriculture.

Alas, I have no access so it is just a dream.
My mom works on paces ferry rd AMD has pictures of some giants just standing on the side of the road eating flowers and watching cars go by. The last one she showed me was a big 8 and she said sd he rolled down the window and started talking to it and it just looked and continued to eat the flowers.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Something along the Flint and I'd be more concerned about the availability of food/bed/cover on the land and the size/use of all the neighboring tracts than the municipality that I mail my property taxes to.

Big deer in Atlanta but it usually comes with all the negatives of hunting small/micro pieces of land. I live here so, for me, a big part of deer hunting is getting out into rural areas away from it all. See the stars at night!

VicTorres

20-30 acres surrounded by neighborhoods in either North Fulton, Cobb county, South Forsyth. If your looking for monster bucks. I Enjoy hunting big woods much better though.
Any tips on the Forsyth areas? I am just starting out and having a heck of a time finding property to hunt in Forsyth Co

Wayne D Davis

Another one I think as good would be Baldwin , and Washington county.... don't see them mentioned but great deer there

Blackston

Tift Turner Worth With Little River somewhere close !!!!