Well, we didn't eliminated the species

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Thanks ? , and u are rt I’m a stone cold killer , how did your season go ! My 15 yr old daughter probably works harder planting food plots (bait) and filling feeders, cutting shooting lanes , scouting, hanging stands, than most on here , and she’s killed her limit of bucks the past 3 years , she has a good teacher though.... that don’t know how to hunt ... have a good day !

Thank god for mom! :bounce:

Browning Slayer

Gbr5pb

I hunt for fun when it ain’t fun I ain’t a going! That being said when I need meat I’ll sit in a little rain!

Browning Slayer

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
One thing many don't realize, everyone does not have the resources you do. We do not all have land that can be plowed and planted with food plots. We may not have the time to put into doing so are may live too far away to be able to afford to drive there regularly in the off season. We do not all have 4 wheelers or tractors to do the plowing. I can get 55 gallon drum filled with corn for $30 from a farmer. Only filled it up once this year and sometimes I fill it up 2 times a year. That ain't gonna buy equipment to make a food plot or clear trees to make one.

To each his own. In some places a food plots work well, some places it does not. A food plot is a bait placed to draw deer in just as corn piles are.

Some say you ain't a hunter if you use bait. How do they get to determine what is hunting? Who named them Noah Webster? I bet when the 1st rifle scopes came out, there were hunters saying you wasn't a hunter if you used one. I bet many of you anti-baiters use scopes.

I feed deer in my backyard. Without corn, they wouldn't be coming to my backyard. There isn't enough woods behind me to scout and hunt and it isn't my land, but the bait brings them within range where I can hunt them. Is that so wrong?

Every fisherman out there uses bait to catch fish. Are they therefore not fishermen because they use bait?

Now that is my soap box for today. :)

Rosewood
Some will never understand , and their way is the only way !

Mark K

Banned
I did...a lot didn’t. I actually hunted 3.5 weeks straight during December.
My comments were giving reasons why the numbers are low for the South. I realize some can’t read and comprehend, but “flooded” and “impassable” are words some need to google or break out the old dictionary and look up.
Yes, if your life depended on deer to survive we would triple the North’s numbers, but it doesn’t. So we took care of family and friends and figured they’ll be that many more next year.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Your family has GON written all over them. Y’all do a great job together as a family team, before the season. During the season and after the season.
I’m proud to know y’all.

PS. Could you let your daughter show me where I should put a stand on my place !!
I would be very thankful
I am thankful .... my daughter will claim your spot in a heartbeat !

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I hunt for fun when it ain’t fun I ain’t a going! That being said when I need meat I’ll sit in a little rain!

Yep. I hunt because I enjoy it. If I ain’t comfortable, dry and warm I can’t enjoy it. :wink:

I can remember 40 years ago hunting in a climber in a drizzling sleet watching ice form on my rifle barrel. I enjoyed hunting in conditions like that then. I guess I am harder to please now. :bounce::bounce:

Killdee

Yep. I hunt because I enjoy it. If I ain’t comfortable, dry and warm I can’t enjoy it. :wink:

I can remember 40 years ago hunting in a climber in a drizzling sleet watching ice form on my rifle barrel. I enjoyed hunting in conditions like that then. I guess I am harder to please now. :bounce::bounce:
Im the same way, oi dont have the drive to hunt in the rain to kill a pine goat!!!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’m ashamed of myself. I have the resources and the tools to do it. I also have the deer. Hogs. Turkey and everything in between.

I just walked out into the place and shot 2 deer. Good deer.
I also reported them. ?

Browning Slayer

I did...a lot didn’t. I actually hunted 3.5 weeks straight during December.
My comments were giving reasons why the numbers are low for the South. I realize some can’t read and comprehend, but “flooded” and “impassable” are words some need to google or break out the old dictionary and look up.
Yes, if your life depended on deer to survive we would triple the North’s numbers, but it doesn’t. So we took care of family and friends and figured they’ll be that many more next year.
Flooded and Impassable also means that the deer took a major hit in that area. Do you not think that the wildlife had it just as bad as you guys due to the Hurricane and constant rain? Maybe, not as much hunting pressure also did the deer a favor.

rosewood

Flooded and Impassable also means that the deer took a major hit in that area. Do you not think that the wildlife had it just as bad as you guys due to the Hurricane and constant rain? Maybe, not as much hunting pressure also did the deer a favor.

Yes they did, but they didn't get counted as harvested game in our handy dandy Outdoors GA app.