Tent camping recommendations.....?

Looking for a campground in the mountains for a few days in May. Here are some of the things I would like (in other words required by my bride):
North of the gorge and preferably east of Blue Ridge
Have easy access to showers and restrooms
Clean and family friendly
Easy access to drinking water

We have camped at all the state parks in the area in tents and camper. Nothing against them, but would like something different. Also done many of the fed campgrounds. Maybe a nice " mom n pop" out there.....
Anyone have your favorite "must-do" you wanna share?

pjciii

I am going to sound like a broken record. Check out river falls at the gorge. It will meet you and your wife's needs. Look at section B. All sites have water and electric.

Patrick

greg_n_clayton

Looking for a campground in the mountains for a few days in May. Here are some of the things I would like (in other words required by my bride):
North of the gorge and preferably east of Blue Ridge
Have easy access to showers and restrooms
Clean and family friendly
Easy access to drinking water

We have camped at all the state parks in the area in tents and camper. Nothing against them, but would like something different. Also done many of the fed campgrounds. Maybe a nice " mom n pop" out there.....
Anyone have your favorite "must-do" you wanna share?
Only thing I got against Rabun Beach campground is there are no sites on the lake !! Have you been there ?

Artfuldodger

Isn't there a campground near Lakemont or Tiger that has gem mining or gold panning? That would be fun for the kids to try. Not Goats on the Roof but maybe in that area.

Artfuldodger

I discovered a site called Hipcamp. I think it's the airbnb of camping. Lots of secluded sites. Some don't have many services. We found one we want to go to. Might could invite a few friends to help pay. Maybe not. Looks like it used to be an old Church retreat area.

It's near Sky Valley;
A camper's heaven with waterfalls on-site! This is a completely private, gated campsite with over 4.5 acres to call your own during your stay. No showers though. Just jump in the river. Hose each other off or something.

https://www.hipcamp.com/georgia/secluded-waterfall-haven/secluded-waterfall-haven

pjciii

Enota is nice but they have to many hidden fees. Also there is no signal if you need to use cell phone and wifi is poor at best. I like it.
Patrick

Artfuldodger

Enota is nice but they have to many hidden fees. Also there is no signal if you need to use cell phone and wifi is poor at best. I like it.
Patrick
Thanks for the review. I did like the looks of River Falls. I haven't been to either. Enota might have too much going on. I'd like a balance of some things to do but laid back enough to relax.

greg_n_clayton

I was meaning "in general", not just Lake Rabun. Just saying that if I drive a hundred miles to camp on a lake, my campsite better be on the shoreline of that lake.
Oh....i was referring to the gem mining. My bad. No showers but restrooms at Seed Beach. Now theirs are on the lake !! Well 3 or 4. And more close by. Gets little pressure because you have to carry all your stufff. When I stay and fish, I take my junk via boat. It is pretty much straight across sorta to the right from the ramp.

Have a look at Trackrock campground up around Blairsville. They have some nice primitive sites as well as water and elec hook ups for rv's. Nice restrooms and showers and theres lots of stuff close by to do.