Built myself a concealment shelf/ concealment table for daughter/concealment flag for son

longbowdave1

Thanks. Glad you guys like it. I was going to buy one but, why not build one instead. That's how I roll...Lol

I have two more concealment projects that I'm going to build. A concrete top end table, with a concealed drawer for my daughter, as a house warming gift. Also, a concealment, Thin Blue Line pistol sized, U.S. flag, for my son's graduation from Police Science. He's about to start his Law Enforcement career.

I'm just about to pour the concrete table top in a few minutes. I'll post picture of these projects also, if you would like to see the finished products....

longbowdave1

The diamond plate looking stuff in the bottom of the shelf, is actually a PVC product, so, no metal to metal contact causing rust on the pistolas. I purchased it a a local building supply store, next to all the carpet runners and PVC shelf lining stuff.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
This is the advertisement showing when I clicked the thread lol Nice jobIMG_1321.PNG

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Thanks. Glad you guys like it. I was going to buy one but, why not build one instead. That's how I roll...Lol

I have two more concealment projects that I'm going to build. A concrete top end table, with a concealed drawer for my daughter, as a house warming gift. Also, a concealment, Thin Blue Line pistol sized, U.S. flag, for my son's graduation from Police Science. He's about to start his Law Enforcement career.

I'm just about to pour the concrete table top in a few minutes. I'll post picture of these projects also, if you would like to see the finished products....
Please tell your son congratulations!

Madman

I was going to buy one but, why not build one instead. That's how I roll...Lol
That looks great. Always been my philosophy, why buy it if I can build it. There are some cool ideas out there. Coat racks, tables, shelf, etc.

longbowdave1

On Feb. 14th, my daughter closed on a Condo.So, I have been helping her for the last 6 weeks or so, most every night after work and weekends. Getting it updated to her liking before she moves in in a few days. This old dog is TIRED! That's why it took me a few weeks to build the shelf, in between starring in. "This Old Condo". LOL

A few days ago, I took a little time to pour the cement top for the concealment table. Another YouTube directional, made the top easy to do. I think it turned out nicely for my project. Form is made from 3/4 " Melamine, with cove molding for a fancy edge on it. Sprinkled in White Sanded Grout to get a marbled texture finish to it.table 2.jpgtable 6.jpg

longbowdave1

I'm caught up on Condo remodel for now. Tomorrow, I will try and turn the stack of lumber in the garage into the table base, been looking forward to this build.....

longbowdave1

I have the table base built, painted, and the lacquer finish is drying as we speak. Finish pictures of the table soon........ Stay tuned.

longbowdave1

Just installing the drawer slide and the drawer right now. Then, fasten the top to the base.