Lanier is getting cranked up! w/pics&video

Scout'nStripers

Since my last post I've gotten busy with the crankbait on Lanier. The fish are on all kinds of patterns right now but I've kinda settled in throwing a 1.5 shad pattern crankbait. It dives about 8-9 feet in depth and is perfect for the shallow fish right now. It's a great little bank beater this time of year and I'm getting good numbers and the occasional bigger fish. Here's a few pics and video from the weekend and the last couple days.
Lisa1.jpgLisa2.jpglisa3.jpgMAH00029 (1) (2).jpgMAH00029 (1) (3).jpgMAH00029 (1) (4).jpgMAH00039(1).jpgMAH00039(2).jpg

Fullnet2

Since my last post I've gotten busy with the crankbait on Lanier. The fish are on all kinds of patterns right now but I've kinda settled in throwing a 1.5 shad pattern crankbait. It dives about 8-9 feet in depth and is perfect for the shallow fish right now. It's a great little bank beater this time of year and I'm getting good numbers and the occasional bigger fish. Here's a few pics and video from the weekend and the last couple days.
View attachment 965247View attachment 965248View attachment 965249View attachment 965251View attachment 965252View attachment 965253View attachment 965254View attachment 965255
Enjoy your informative and interesting post. It gives wanna be spinning for bass fishermen,like myself, hope . My id assures me it's false hope but super ego says go go go.

Headshot17

Nice Catch! I will be out at Lanier next week for a little friendly tournament with Co-workers. Will be leaving out of aqua land marina. Hopefully the bite will be good.

Scout'nStripers

Nice ones, its on. Wish I was on south end. Ready for top water myself. Thanks for your posts
Thanks for the kind words. I've been testing the topwater bite on every trip. I feel like it's going to break loose any time. Yesterday we put the cranks away and picked up the fluke for some fun.

fluke.jpgfluke4.jpgfluke1.jpgfluke5.jpgfluke2.jpgfluke3.jpg

Scout'nStripers

Thanks guys. Here's a few more pics from yesterday evening. My wife Lisa had never tried the weightless fluke but she was fishing it like a pro in no time.

abc.jpgabc1.jpgabc2.jpgabc3.jpg

Last edited:

Scout'nStripers

Here's a few nice ones from Friday evening and yesterday evening. All on the fluke, very very shallow.MAH00045(1).jpgMAH00044(1).jpgMAH00043(1).jpgMAH00042(1).jpg

Coenen

Beating 'em up!

I chunked the Fluke a good bit yesterday, but couldn't get anything going. Ran into short fish everywhere I went. Shaky head was my big producer, popped a couple of bonus fish, including a nice striper, on live bait.

Scout'nStripers

The bigger ones were a little more illusive. They were either in grass, skipping in the shadows of the docks or some kind of structure like blowdowns or overhanging trees on the shore.

Browniez

Beating 'em up!

I chunked the Fluke a good bit yesterday, but couldn't get anything going. Ran into short fish everywhere I went. Shaky head was my big producer, popped a couple of bonus fish, including a nice striper, on live bait.

All of the better fish we found on the flukes this weekend were on a particular type of dock stairs. Seemed like the bigger females were tucked up under the stairs (ambush point?). If you didn’t put it on the submerged steps they were almost all shorts. Saw a few actually pick the fluke up off the boards.

Coenen

All of the better fish we found on the flukes this weekend were on a particular type of dock stairs. Seemed like the bigger females were tucked up under the stairs (ambush point?). If you didn’t put it on the submerged steps they were almost all shorts. Saw a few actually pick the fluke up off the boards.
Very interesting. They could be looking to nest up there as well. They like the shoreline side of dock poles for that, too. May have to get the 'yak out for an evening patrol or two this week, can't be missing primetime.