Moonpie's breakfast Bistro..... What y'all having?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

ambush80

Ugly looking breakfast....but it'll eat good. :biggrin2:

Breakfast in bed for the wife.....she was like a little kid with her happy grin. Made my day right there !!!

That hot version of the sausage really comes through wonderfully with hit with a little syrup. Mighty tasty.

How'd you make the pancakes look like that? They're kinda cool.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

How'd you make the pancakes look like that? They're kinda cool.

It sure wasn't intentional. :rofl:

I'm guessing I had too much water in the batter. :huh:

I'd drop a small slice of butter in the skillet and as soon as it melted the batter was poured in. It seemed to follow atop the flow of butter.

I was using a ginormous skillet in hopes that I'd be able to get 3 at a time running in there.

GA1dad

Breakfast in bed for the wife.....she was like a little kid with her happy grin. Made my day right there !!!

That's what it's all about right there!! Happy for the both of you!!

Dub

That's what it's all about right there!! Happy for the both of you!!

Thanks, brother. The simple joys in life are the ones that mean the most to me. None of us know how long God will grant us to walk this Earth.....each day is a blessing. If I kicked the bucket tomorrow, I'd go a happy man. Family will be well covered financially and our son is on a great trajectory and has an amazing girlfriend who he is mighty serious about.

I keep it going yet another morning today. Got her grinning with some grub she approved of.

When the idea of this morning's breakfuss was hatched....my son wasn't too enthused....said he wanted to stick with the basic favorite sausage biscuit with mustard.

Toss a pair of Mrs. B's biscuits in the oven for him.

JD Hot was cooked along with some eggs that had peppers, onions and maters in them.

I left a few of the patties in the skillet a bit longer in order to really crisp up the bottom side of them. That's how I like sausage when served in a burrito.

Used these wraps that we've become mighty fond of. Much better flavor than standard flour version and a bit more healthy.

I'm serious on the flavor opinion....everyone in the family likes them way better.

I'd dropped some shredded cheese into the skillet with the eggs....stirred it in and made the wraps with the crispy sausage in them.

Got my wife's and my own made and cleared outa the kitchen.

Son killed his biscuits and then jumped into the burrito game, too. :rofl:

Great morning. Chilling. Sipping coffee.....reading 1911 forums and now breakfast is had.

Time to get productive.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Thanks, brother. The simple joys in life are the ones that mean the most to me. None of us know how long God will grant us to walk this Earth.....each day is a blessing. If I kicked the bucket tomorrow, I'd go a happy man. Family will be well covered financially and our son is on a great trajectory and has an amazing girlfriend who he is mighty serious about.

I keep it going yet another morning today. Got her grinning with some grub she approved of.

When the idea of this morning's breakfuss was hatched....my son wasn't too enthused....said he wanted to stick with the basic favorite sausage biscuit with mustard.

Toss a pair of Mrs. B's biscuits in the oven for him.

JD Hot was cooked along with some eggs that had peppers, onions and maters in them.

I left a few of the patties in the skillet a bit longer in order to really crisp up the bottom side of them. That's how I like sausage when served in a burrito.

Used these wraps that we've become mighty fond of. Much better flavor than standard flour version and a bit more healthy.

I'm serious on the flavor opinion....everyone in the family likes them way better.

I'd dropped some shredded cheese into the skillet with the eggs....stirred it in and made the wraps with the crispy sausage in them.

Got my wife's and my own made and cleared outa the kitchen.

Son killed his biscuits and then jumped into the burrito game, too. :rofl:

Great morning. Chilling. Sipping coffee.....reading 1911 forums and now breakfast is had.

Time to get productive.
Looks great brother

Dub

Similar ingredients this morning....but different flavors.

Fried up a short-walled cast iron skillet and made a hanger omelet with peppers, onions, cheeses & sausage.

Sucker slides right outa that thing and onto the plate easy as you please. Nothing to it. So easy this Sasquatch can do it.

Half for my bride....

Half for me........

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Similar ingredients this morning....but different flavors.

Fried up a short-walled cast iron skillet and made a hanger omelet with peppers, onions, cheeses & sausage.

Sucker slides right outa that thing and onto the plate easy as you please. Nothing to it. So easy this Sasquatch can do it.

Half for my bride....

Half for me........

That is beautiful. Craving flung.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Nothing wrong with that. I put hot sauce on my eggs too

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Craving flung and sassyfied:

Dub's hanger omelet post flung a severe craving on me. Haven't made one that style in awhile. Showed it to my wife this morning, and she said, "Ooooohhh....."

So we hit the kitchen, chopped up some onions, peppers, jalapenos, mushrooms, bacon, and sausage. Scrambled some eggs, grated some sharp cheddar, made some omelets, and added some fried taters, chopped fresh maters, and Texas toast. This was good. I love it when you're craving something and you make it and it turns out just like you wanted it to.

omelet.jpg

omelet2.jpg

naildrvr

I gotta try my hand at one of those breakfast omelette Supremes. Those things look bout 40 kindsa good (y)

Dub

Craving flung and sassyfied:

Dub's hanger omelet post flung a sever craving on me. Haven't made one that style in awhile. Showed it to my wife this morning, and she said, "Ooooohhh....."

So we hit the kitchen, chopped up some onions, peppers, jalapenos, mushrooms, bacon, and sausage. Scrambled some eggs, grated some sharp cheddar, made some omelets, and added some fried taters, chopped fresh maters, and Texas toast. This was good. I love it when you're craving something and you make it and it turns out just like you wanted it to.

View attachment 967089

View attachment 967090

That’s what I’m talking about right there !!!!!

That looks all kinda of good !!!!!

Dub

Had the wonderful pleasure of a great nights sleep next to my beautiful bride and our warm little squirrel chasers. So dang comfortable after a long weekend at work.

Slept late and brewed a cup of java....first sip went down the hatch at 5:00am if I remember correctly. :rofl:

Wife made mention of something called breakfuss at some point a few hours later and I rummaged around and found some likely suspects.

Heated up the oven & skillet for a dutch baby....sorta screwed up because I used the wrong type of flour and it did some wonky rising.

The peppers, onions and cheeses did their thing, though, in a predictable fashion on the low-walled skillet.

Spit the hanger omelet with her.....and made the best of a botched Dutch baby attempt. I wanted to get some salsa in the omelet before I folded it over...but all we had was some crazy-hot stuff my son bought. Settled for 3 cheeses. She's nuts over American cheese so it was certainly one of them.

Sliced it open and stuffed it with fruit & honey. Outa the jaws of defeat came gloriously tasty victory....even if it didn't look the part. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.