Pasture trapping

bubbafowler

Yea I really wanna mount him but i'm just not sure how he'll look. Next option is have someone do the pelt right for me so I can just hang it on wall.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Nice one! What kind of set?

bubbafowler

It was a hybrid dirt hole post set. It was at the double wooden post with the post and tall grass as a backing. Just kinda whatever I could throw in.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Got the one I've seen a couple times while driving past the property!View attachment 966730

Great capture. Bubba, you need to check out this link below to a black yote that I caught in a hog trap back several years ago. It was one of the largest ever known about in Georgia apparently. Read my story attached to it and realize that yours might just be one of those "once in a lifetime" occurrences.

http://forum.gon.com/threads/black-coyote-finally-bit-the-dust.688757/

bubbafowler

Pulled up and this guy was in first trap! Figured as much as a black coyote been seen there was more than 1. Second trap had been a miss. Third trap was dug up. Caught him by the toe. He was curious but third time was charm. Flat set around a pile of rocks where they hang out judging by tracks. Screenshot_20190426-091158_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20190426-091147_Gallery.jpg

bubbafowler

I have a couple different lures. I know I have gusto, k9 candy, and GHII. I honestly don't remember which one caught which. I know the gusto trap was dug up

bubbafowler

Ok this morning's check revealed something I've never seen. I have 12 traps out and 5 were sprung. Not dug, not pull out, just sprung. 2 outside of cows, 3 with cows. Any ideas?

bubbafowler

3 are MB550 and I've never adjusted. Other are Duke 2. I honestly don't know what they're set at but they're both about the same. Never had this issue before. Maybe 1 at a time. Never 5

blt152

3 are MB550 and I've never adjusted. Other are Duke 2. I honestly don't know what they're set at but they're both about the same. Never had this issue before. Maybe 1 at a time. Never 5
Just a thought. Any sign of activity on your bait or lure? If not, not sure what would do it. You might put a camera up.