Productive morning.

blt152

Nice catch Mark. I can smell that pork smoking way up here. I've had traps in the ground going on two weeks. One pull out is it. I've got cams out and coyote activity has stopped. One pic of a yote standing three feet from a set, never paid any attention to it.

Mark K

Banned
This 2 track is one of the few places on the plantation I can actually see tracks. It will go from tracks one week to nothing for a couple of weeks.
Saw a set of coyote tracks last week and made a set dead center of the tracks. What’s cool is he walked past it and then circled back on the opposite track and came in to the set. I had a pipe beat in about .5” was above ground on the south side and a burnt piece of bark with bobcat urine on the north side of the trap. Just wanted something to attract their attention when walking the road. It worked.

blt152

This 2 track is one of the few places on the plantation I can actually see tracks. It will go from tracks one week to nothing for a couple of weeks.
Saw a set of coyote tracks last week and made a set dead center of the tracks. What’s cool is he walked past it and then circled back on the opposite track and came in to the set. I had a pipe beat in about .5” was above ground on the south side and a burnt piece of bark with bobcat urine on the north side of the trap. Just wanted something to attract their attention when walking the road. It worked.
What do you have as bait in your pipe?

Mark K

Banned
Been getting a few critters here and there, this was just the first coyote in about a month. This place has been heavily trapped for the last 15 or 16 years so I just set and wait for something to pass through. It’s a great feeling to catch them, but also sad seeing how there was only one set of tracks. Another will show up to take his place eventually.

bubbafowler

My coyote activity stopped after I caught my first three off this set. I've pulled. About to retreat and set down the road for a guy at church that i'm hoping to get deer rights to. And also going to set two in my grandfather's back yard in his subdivision. They've been seeing a coyote in evenings and at night checking bird feeder. Just glad i'm not only slow one. Great catch!

Mark K

Banned
Man it’s this heat and food everywhere. Just gotta set and wait. I don’t have a “population” of coyotes, just a track every few weeks. Just want to make sure the traps are out when he does show up.
And speaking of subdivisions, my brother lives in one and sends me recordings of the coyotes at dusk. He wants me to trap, but I just don’t think that would go over to well in his particular neighborhood. I’d be willing to bet I could get some first night catches there for sure. He's even caught them in the brush eyeing his house mutt.

blt152

I had something work a set lastnight, it put it's foot within an inch of the pan. Hot here as well. Haven't had pics or sign in over a week.

Mark K

Banned
Hopefully the next couple of nights will produce something. Just happy no traps hit today between the loggers and the feeding. About got the tractors paths down to an exact science, lol. The loggers keep jumping around picking up dead trees and piling them up. Luckily they have those huge wide tires that just roll over them. Haven’t lost a trap to them yet.

bubbafowler

Man it’s this heat and food everywhere. Just gotta set and wait. I don’t have a “population” of coyotes, just a track every few weeks. Just want to make sure the traps are out when he does show up.
And speaking of subdivisions, my brother lives in one and sends me recordings of the coyotes at dusk. He wants me to trap, but I just don’t think that would go over to well in his particular neighborhood. I’d be willing to bet I could get some first night catches there for sure. He's even caught them in the brush eyeing his house mutt.
My grandfather owns 2 lots in a big bend in the road so he has a little wood lot. But he has set cage traps for possums and stray cats and had one get torn up by the coyotes. So i'm pretty confident we'll catch. I'm gonna set but my dad will be running those.