Old axe restored

flyrod444

One of my passions is to find old axes and bring them back to once again be a useful tool. I've been looking for this Rockaway pattern for some time now and finally found one yesterday at a local flea market. When I woke up today I decided to go ahead and work on it. Pictures before.
IMG_20190608_131203653-680x510.jpg
IMG_20190608_131219182-680x510.jpg
IMG_20190608_131239794-510x680.jpg
After pictures. I was able to reuse the handle by moving the head down 3/4".
IMG_20190609_094957125-510x680.jpg
IMG_20190609_092529150-680x510.jpg
IMG_20190609_102449887-510x680.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool, and a nice axe! How about a pic of that cool trout cut-out on the wall above the stolen game land sign? :) Did you make that?

flyrod444

Thanks guys, the trout was cut out by my best friend. The wild life sign was litter I found in the stream one day. I will post a picture of it soon.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool stuff!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I like the axe. Really like old hand tools.

specialk

Very cool, and a nice axe! How about a pic of that cool trout cut-out on the wall above the stolen game land sign? :) Did you make that?

I thought everyone had a sign?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I thought everyone had a sign?
I didn't know that any of those existed that didn't have at least one bullet hole in them?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I didn't know that any of those existed that didn't have at least one bullet hole in them?

NCH, you ever seen an amigo put one on a tree? Jokers use their machetes as hammers. With the sharp edge comin straight at their face as they do it. facepalm:

Anvil Head

Those signs must grow on trees, I've seen several along the back PL of my hide out in Hanging Dog. Guess the locals use them for that last minute check on their sights. Yeah, got a "dead" one hanging in my shop.

jigman29

I buy old axes when I can find them at a decent price. My wife cringes every time I spot one at the flea market or yard sale lol. I have a few dozen and really like the boys axes and the cruisers.

flyrod444

I buy old axes when I can find them at a decent price. My wife cringes every time I spot one at the flea market or yard sale lol. I have a few dozen and really like the boys axes and the cruisers.
My wife thanks I've lost my mind when I drag another old axe in. It made my day when her father gave me 5 old rusty axes a while back. I like the lighter axes as well. Keep one in both my truck and car and end up using them a few times each year cutting a tree out of a back road I'm traveling on.