Looking for pigs......

devolve

I’m in extreme north Ga. looking for somewhere to spot and stalk pigs like I did growing up in FL. Willing to drive south and camp. Public or private, doesn’t matter to me. Need to find a home for these new tree sharks ;)

Any thoughts?

rapid fire

I’m in extreme north Ga. looking for somewhere to spot and stalk pigs like I did growing up in FL. Willing to drive south and camp. Public or private, doesn’t matter to me. Need to find a home for these new tree sharks ;)

Any thoughts?
Hard to beat Chickasawhatchee but you will have to wait till it opens back up. A lot of guys do well at fort stewart. Paulding forest is starting to get some pigs on it but they are very few and far between. Check with Jerry Russell if you want to go for a weekend. He can do a pig/bowfish trip for you. Great guy too.

Rich Kaminski

Hard to beat Chickasawhatchee but you will have to wait till it opens back up. A lot of guys do well at fort stewart. Paulding forest is starting to get some pigs on it but they are very few and far between. Check with Jerry Russell if you want to go for a weekend. He can do a pig/bowfish trip for you. Great guy too.

The last storm that went through Chickasawhatchee really destroyed the place. There are trees down everywhere, it is difficult to move around. They cleared the internal roads of the trees, but nothing else as of their first firearms hunt last season. It will not be the same for another 20 years unless they clear out all the downed trees.

rapid fire

The last storm that went through Chickasawhatchee really destroyed the place. There are trees down everywhere, it is difficult to move around. They cleared the internal roads of the trees, but nothing else as of their first firearms hunt last season. It will not be the same for another 20 years unless they clear out all the downed trees.
wow. that stinks. I love that place

jbogg

If you are extreme North GA you don't have far to drive to find Pigs. Those mountain WMA's are covered up with them. Small game season opens in less than two months and you can use a muzzleloader if you have one.

devolve

If you are extreme North GA you don't have far to drive to find Pigs. Those mountain WMA's are covered up with them. Small game season opens in less than two months and you can use a muzzleloader if you have one.
I have heard this before. Yet never seen anyone come out with a pig. I have a couple buddies up here that said they used to kill them in the mountains. But the dnr starting trapping years ago and it about impossible to find any now.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Theres plenty of them right up to ellijay between 52 and springer mtn, in that area. Every time I'm down that way I see sign. I've killed 5 within a year up here, you just have to stay on em as they don't hang out long in the same spot long, pretty much gotta find somethin fresh and track em, even if it means hittin the brush. Good luck!

oldguy

In the last few months there have been several timber salvage crews working on Chickasawhatchee in the pine uplands. They've made HUGE strides in getting the place squared away. The lowlands, drains, wet weather ponds, swamps and creeks are still like trying to navigate a downfall jungle. You'll have to crwal over a bunch of BIG trees to get anywhere, then ou have to think about getting game out. Even if you dismantled it you'd be crawling back over those same BIG trees with a heavy (hopefully) load on your back. Looks like fun:giggle:!

devolve

Theres plenty of them right up to ellijay between 52 and springer mtn, in that area. Every time I'm down that way I see sign. I've killed 5 within a year up here, you just have to stay on em as they don't hang out long in the same spot long, pretty much gotta find somethin fresh and track em, even if it means hittin the brush. Good luck!
I’ll check that out this weekend. Gonna be up there camping with the son-in-law. Thanks for the heads up!!

beaulesye10

We killed several from January to March this year, roads are cleaned and logging crews have been working around the clock to clean it up. I wouldn’t count it out, just understand the path is not as straightforward as it once was.