Newest Tesla

NOYDB

BANNED
Teslas now have tail fins. They are so fast they need something to stabilize their running. Hey, it worked in the 1950s.

sinclair1

Teslas now have tail fins. They are so fast they need something to stabilize their running. Hey, it worked in the 1950s.
They are fast. I don’t consider them though, as the sound is 50% of my passion for cars.

I caught the bug hearing the lambo on the opening of the cannonball run back when I was a kid. No sound like that back then.

It holds true for our current purchases as I will put a 5k exhaust on before any other upgrade.

sinclair1

You posted once that you didn’t believe they were fast. I can attest they are fast 0-60. They don’t corner line a sports car and can’t maintain top end for a long stretch without needing a charge.

There are much better values out there for six figures.

sinclair1

Drove a Hcat. Another 0-100 car that don’t corner and the build quality is terrible. If you want raw straight line car that will go on a 1000 trip, it’s your car.
If you like a well rounded car that is fast and corners, I would go Porsche 718 spyder or a corvette and in a pinch a Mustang if it’s a performance model.
Corvette build quality is not as bad as the old days but it’s not a German car by no means.

NOYDB

BANNED
I think of it as a driver, not a spectator. Straight line acceleration is only "fast" as long as there are no curves. Or no brick walls in the way. And it's relative to the heft of the vehicle. A school bus is fast if you strip all the weight out.

sinclair1

I think of it as a driver, not a spectator. Straight line acceleration is only "fast" as long as there are no curves. Or no brick walls in the way. And it's relative to the heft of the vehicle. A school bus is fast if you strip all the weight out.
Some people like straight Line cars and it’s a new concept. Some like new concepts like I like sound. You buy what you like in a car.
I am in Florida and drove my truck because I needed hauling potential more than speed.

They make a few SUVs that are fast, corner and haul 6 people. One of the fastest cars out there is a SUV called the track hawk.

You drive a 15 year old vehicle so why do you even read the Tesla articles?

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Sinclair you shoulda went to Pigeon Forge last week. There were hot rods all over the place. Too many to name but 30’s on up to the 70’s. Chevy, dodge and ford. Cars and trucks and a few buses. The whole strip was full of them. Had no idea that event was happening.

NOYDB

BANNED
Some people like straight Line cars and it’s a new concept. Some like new concepts like I like sound. You buy what you like in a car.
I am in Florida and drove my truck because I needed hauling potential more than speed.

They make a few SUVs that are fast, corner and haul 6 people. One of the fastest cars out there is a SUV called the track hawk.

You drive a 15 year old vehicle so why do you even read the Tesla articles?

I buy that which will do what I need done. Then I drive it (and maintain it) until the wheels fall off.

I read most everything. But when something is reported I compare it against the real world. The real world wins.

sinclair1

I buy that which will do what I need done. Then I drive it (and maintain it) until the wheels fall off.

I read most everything. But when something is reported I compare it against the real world. The real world wins.
You don’t understand car guy stuff. The real world to a car guy has nothing to do with being practical. We have bought a half dozen cars that cost more than our first house, when we first got married.

I never thought we would be so blessed to drive a 18 year olds dream daily.

I grew up opening cans of hateraide like you because I was limiting my dreams with practical common sense

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hole they start making some money. Maybe then we can stop subsidizing this folly.

NOYDB

BANNED
You don’t understand car guy stuff. The real world to a car guy has nothing to do with being practical. We have bought a half dozen cars that cost more than our first house, when we first got married.
I never thought we would be so blessed to drive a 18 year olds dream daily.
I grew up opening cans of hateraide like you because I was limiting my dreams.

You aren't a car guy if you measure cars by how much they cost. A real car guy HAS to be practical. Real cars are physical objects and you have to be practical to operate them.

sinclair1

You aren't a car guy if you measure cars by how much they cost. A real car guy HAS to be practical. Real cars are physical objects and you have to be practical to operate them.
Rubbish. Don’t matter if it’s a 1968 Camaro or a Audi R8, if you’re a car guy it’s not going to be anything near practical and it sure won’t be a frugal Mans activity. I quit old hot rods and went to exotics because exotics are cheaper.
My code is to go out of my way to not be practical.
Practical is for nerds :stir::rofl:

sinclair1

Tesla is not a car guys machine. It’s more for the tech crowd and speaks to them. It seems to do a good job too. They like them.

If I won one, it would be traded tomorrow. Not my cup of tea.

Last edited:

NOYDB

BANNED
Rubbish. Don’t matter if it’s a 1968 Camaro or a Audi R8, if you’re a car guy it’s not going to be anything near practical and it sure won’t be a frugal Mans activity. I quit old hot rods and went to exotics because exotics are cheaper.
My code is to go out of my way to not be practical.
Practical is for nerds :stir::rofl:

Real car guys ARE practical. And are interested in what can be done with the car. Not who will be impressed with the nameplate on the hood.

No doubt the easily impressed like a Tesla.

sinclair1

This is a silly reply. You say driver and spectator like your driving any of the cars you complain about. We have owned Benz roadster, corvette and Porsche in the last 24 months. Driven cars with value over 500k.
Watching Car and driver TV on Saturday doesn’t qualify as a driver or enthusiast of cars. facepalm:
Owning a MGB 25 years ago don’t cut it or even trucking a load of 79 Buick’s to a dealership back in your trucking days.

I have yet to drive the speed option Tesla but it is sub 3 seconds so it’s going to be impressive.

sinclair1

There’s a reason I don’t talk about bows in the hunting forum. It’s because I don’t have first person experience with shooting them.

Reactions: Dub