I took the plunge.

Al33

Welcome to the dark side. lol Seriously, the rewards you will experience hunting with a trad bow will be so much more than you have experienced before. Even the failures to execute and despite their tough disappointments will have their own rewards. Good luck!!!

hambone76

Welcome to the dark side. lol Seriously, the rewards you will experience hunting with a trad bow will be so much more than you have experienced before. Even the failures to execute and despite their tough disappointments will have their own rewards. Good luck!!!
Thanks Al and congratulations on your recent successes. I’m looking forward to meeting all of you on the upcoming TBG hunts. Win, lose or draw, I’m ready.

hambone76

I don't think you'll regret it. It will change the way you hunt, and the way you think about things too. Outstanding!

Thanks for the encouragement y’all!
It’s definitely changed the way I hunt and scout. I’m finding places to set up that bring deer in close and I’ve had a few close encounters so far. I’ve put on stalks and been close to a few deer that I could’ve easily shot at with a compound; one nice 8 pt in particular at 45 yards and a family group of 5 does at 30 yards. Getting to within 30 yards of that many weary sets of eyes was rewarding in itself. Not connecting with any of them didn’t disappoint me one bit and has indeed motivated me to keep at it. It’ll eventually come together and when it does, it’s gonna be great!

strothershwacker

I'm with ya hambone. I'm shooting targets very consistently now. Looking forward to the upcoming TBG hunt. I just happen to have a lil' honey hole down there, so I'm looking forward to meeting some y'all and maybe even stickin' one with my ol' Bear.

hambone76

I'm with ya hambone. I'm shooting targets very consistently now. Looking forward to the upcoming TBG hunt. I just happen to have a lil' honey hole down there, so I'm looking forward to meeting some y'all and maybe even stickin' one with my ol' Bear.
Good deal man! Stick with it and good luck.