Honey

Tom W.

In all the years I've lived I thought Sue Bee was the best honey. I've tried anything from wild to local raw honey and while it was ok, it wasn't great. When Lori and I went to Juliette, Ga. with her sister on a jaunt one day, Lori bought some honey in a little shop somewhere along the main street. I had disappeared into the shop whet the owner made and sold knives....

I will publicly say that the honey Lori bought was absolutely the best I've ever had. I've drizzled it on my breakfast cereal for the last month and have finally run out, or at least will tomorrow if I have cereal. So now we gotta go back there and get some more or see if the owner ships it out. I suspect we'll get a bigger bottle next time!

Bkeepr

I wonder what flowers went into making the honey?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Have you tried Tupelo honey from Wewahitchka Florida?

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I know the owner of that shop in Juliette,I'll ask him when I see him. Tupelo honey that Nic refers to is excellent. My two favorite Georgia honeys are harvested at extreme ends of our state,those being sourwood and gallberry.

Last edited:

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
In all the years I've lived I thought Sue Bee was the best honey. I've tried anything from wild to local raw honey and while it was ok, it wasn't great. When Lori and I went to Juliette, Ga. with her sister on a jaunt one day, Lori bought some honey in a little shop somewhere along the main street. I had disappeared into the shop whet the owner made and sold knives....

I will publicly say that the honey Lori bought was absolutely the best I've ever had. I've drizzled it on my breakfast cereal for the last month and have finally run out, or at least will tomorrow if I have cereal. So now we gotta go back there and get some more or see if the owner ships it out. I suspect we'll get a bigger bottle next time!
I talked to the owner, he said all his honey is wildflower. He's a fine fellow he'll appreciate your business.

FootLongDawg

Glad for this thread. I quit drinking coffee recently after 45 years of consumption simply cause I lost my taste for it. I would make a cup every morning and noticed as time went on, I would drink less and less of that cup . From the beginning I used cream and some sort of sweetener as I never could convert to straight black. Now i drink green tea with honey, and absolutely love it. I use a local honey made in Kennesaw, and it is super, but a little more expensive than what they have at Kroger/Publix. What store bought brand do you guys like that is reasonably priced and available.

Tom W.

Is Wewahitchika still there? Lori said it's right close to her brother's house and he lives in Mexico Beach.....

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Is Wewahitchika still there? Lori said it's right close to her brother's house and he lives in Mexico Beach.....

Oh yes, it`s still there, getting back to normal, and going strong. I have friends there and go through it regular.

Mexico Beach has a long way to go.

Tom W.

I was surprised that his house had very little damage. Most of the buildings around him are gone, but his house lost a few shingles and had some tree limbs down on it.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I was surprised that his house had very little damage. Most of the buildings around him are gone, but his house lost a few shingles and had some tree limbs down on it.

The home that my Father In Law had down there is gone. Nothing left but a concrete slab with a couple of pipes stuck out of it.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried Tupelo honey from Wewahitchka Florida?

Tupelo is very good.

I have two brothers that go to church with me that are all into the bee business. They travel all over the country during flowering time. They also breed queens for selling. The absolute best honey that they have brought me came off the cranberry marshes in Wisconsin. It is a dark mahogany color with an intense, concentrated flavor.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I've heard sourwood honey is good. Been itching to make a batch of mead with it, but it's a little hard to find when I'm in the mood to look.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I'm not that fond of tupelo or sourwood. I like cotton, blackberry and some wildflower. I tend to like darker honeys. When I lived closer, there was someone at the fair in Perry that would sell/let you taste. I'd always leave with an arm full. Allisons out of Cleveland GA and can't think of the name but there is a place on 441 south of Clayton that has a couple I like. Plus there are some local guys that have some good stuff

dwhee87 both of the places I mentioned have sourwood

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I'm not that fond of tupelo or sourwood. I like cotton, blackberry and some wildflower. I tend to like darker honeys. When I lived closer, there was someone at the fair in Perry that would sell/let you taste. I'd always leave with an arm full. Allisons out of Cleveland GA and can't think of the name but there is a place on 441 south of Clayton that has a couple I like. Plus there are some local guys that have some good stuff

You`d probably like gallberry honey. It`s dark and right strong flavored.

Tom W.

Check at Goats on the Roof. They had some but we never did get any, preferring to get an ice cream cone instead.....

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
You`d probably like gallberry honey. It`s dark and right strong flavored.

Nope it has the wrong kind of twang to me.
Never stopped at goats/roof. Where is there honey from?

Tom W.

Bees?.... seriously we didn't check as we were headed to Gatlinburg......

35 Whelen

If you like dark honey, tr