Son's first trad kill

godogs57

Been trying for 15 or so years to get my boy to come over from the Dark Side and give traditional archery a try. We'd shoot bows from time to time and a few times he tried my Black Widow recurve, thinking it was pretty fun. He finally gave it a try last year with a used bow and enjoyed it. This spring I ordered him a Black Widow as a birthday present and when it arrived it was love at first sight. She shoots extremely accurate and is quiet as a mouse! When ordering, BW will personalize the bow for you with your name if you wish. I got a little out in left field placing the order and had them personalize it "Silentium Mortem" which is a variant of Latin for "silent death". Dad's can be cheesy like that sometimes.

He got his chance the other day and made it count. About a 20 yard shot with the doe traveling maybe 60 yards Out of the food plot with a nice blood trail.

Congrats Zack....ya did good.

Zack's first trad, resize.jpg

Hillbilly stalker

Man that's great ! That's a fine deer and a top shelf bow for sure ! You done good dad !

Southern Thunder

Hunting with traditional equipment will definitely make you a better hunter. The people you meet along the way will be lifelong friends. Made the swap a few years ago and I can't get enough of it. Congrats on his achievement as well as yours sir.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Lots of respect for all y'all trade now hunters.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Great accomplishment. Congratulations on the first of many.

Triple C

Pretty special right there godogs. Congrats to your son on his 1st trad harvest. Bet he's pumped for more. Love the Black Widow you had made for him. I had one made back in 2014 - PTF V Ironwood. Love that bow.

kingfish

First off congratulations, well done. Second is what is about the Black Widow bows ? I've not transitioned from the dark side yet but when I do, I'm doing it with a Black Widow. I know there are hundreds of different ones but they just look like the "schnizzle" to me.

godogs57

First off congratulations, well done. Second is what is about the Black Widow bows ? I've not transitioned from the dark side yet but when I do, I'm doing it with a Black Widow. I know there are hundreds of different ones but they just look like the "schnizzle" to me.
Best recurve I ever shot...amazingly smooth bows. Workmanship is beyond compare.

charlie 2 arrow

Been trying for 15 or so years to get my boy to come over from the Dark Side and give traditional archery a try. We'd shoot bows from time to time and a few times he tried my Black Widow recurve, thinking it was pretty fun. He finally gave it a try last year with a used bow and enjoyed it. This spring I ordered him a Black Widow as a birthday present and when it arrived it was love at first sight. She shoots extremely accurate and is quiet as a mouse! When ordering, BW will personalize the bow for you with your name if you wish. I got a little out in left field placing the order and had them personalize it "Silentium Mortem" which is a variant of Latin for "silent death". Dad's can be cheesy like that sometimes.

He got his chance the other day and made it count. About a 20 yard shot with the doe traveling maybe 60 yards Out of the food plot with a nice blood trail.

Congrats Zack....ya did good.

View attachment 989491
Good stuff! Congratulations!