Did Jesus claim to be the messiah?

Madman

2019 Apologetic award goes to....
There is no need to make a defense, what you said was simply not correct. The four Gospel accounts in no way contradict each other. It is your responsibility to show otherwise.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Are you not reading what Atlas and I post?
4 gospels total
2 of which are so similar that one is a copy of the other.
2 more Gospels which say things differently than the 2 above and differently from each other.
Even if one is spot on no questions asked 100% correct, the others are not.
You tell us which one is spot on 100% accurate.
No I’m not reading your post. Because you two run in circles and ask the same question I’ve asked y’all. It’s your way of never answering. I did read this one though.

atlashunter

Sure reports are incomplete everywhere. But that’s not your argument. If that was your complete argument we would have agreed several post back when I acknowledged the stories differ in words. Your argument is to use differing accounts to prove that the Gospels are not God inspired, just man made stories.

Not incomplete. Incompatible. The deer ran 100 yards to the east and dropped dead is a complete account. The deer ran 100 yards west and dropped dead is a complete account. They are not compatible. If one is true the other cannot be true. The same holds for the different accounts of his last words. Dead deer don’t keep running and dead men don’t continue speaking.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Well let’s see the research. But somewhere in that research, show us evidence that someone, anyone or no one recorded his last words verbatim.
If you took your own advice you would not believe a single word in the Bible for the same reasons you say we don't know and have to show.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The last deer I shot ran 10 to 12 feet, fell on his right side, and kicked several times and died with his tongue stuck out.

I told my buddy he ran several feet before he took a dirt nap. I told my son he ran a few yards and crashed. I told my wife he didn’t go far before he was kicking around.

Which one is contradictory?
I agree. And truth be told, I think your story has an equal amount of God inspired effort in it as the bible.
Now, tell me if you could forsee any possible problems down the road with your story and correct it on the first try if you thought it could be a problem.
And compare that to a God that should have known then that you and I (and a billion others) would, could and will use the writings in the Bible against the writings in the Bible.

Is there ANY way that could have been avoided?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If you took your own advice you would not believe a single word in the Bible for the same reasons you say we don't know and have to show.
Well, that’s just mind babbling lol ? You mean you are surprised that you need to show your evidence / research and not sone link?????

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
They’re telling it as they saw it heard it. Since you didn’t eyewitness the story they’re telling, you’re left with 3 opinions, believe it, disbelieve it, or find the full unaltered version and compare. That’s all I’m saying. You believe they’re contradictory, but you know you can’t prove it.
If they are telling stories as they saw it or heard it then we certainly know how inaccurate that is.
You make a great case for the contents of the bible being nothing more than fallible and error filled events as witnessed by man but written by other men decades and centuries afterwards.
By all means, keep going.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Not incomplete. Incompatible. The deer ran 100 yards to the east and dropped dead is a complete account. The deer ran 100 yards west and dropped dead is a complete account. They are not compatible. If one is true the other cannot be true. The same holds for the different accounts of his last words. Dead deer don’t keep running and dead men don’t continue speaking.
Deer can still stumble several feet after death when in full strut ::ke:::ke:
For the rest. You’re arguing over two sentences that any man can speak in just a few seconds before their last breath.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Well, that’s just mind babbling lol ? You mean you are surprised that you need to show your evidence / research and not sone link?????
The links tell the facts that i just do not possess myself.
I am not a medical examiner who studied crucifixion. Are you?
If you are not, it is too much to think that a medical examiners explanation of what happens to the human body during crucifixion and what the capabilities of a person being crucified is....is more accurate or at least a better understanding than what we each have ourselves?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
No I’m not reading your post. Because you two run in circles and ask the same question I’ve asked y’all. It’s your way of never answering. I did read this one though.
And your answer is...

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If they are telling stories as they saw it or heard it then we certainly know how inaccurate that is.
You make a great case for the contents of the bible being nothing more than fallible and error filled events as witnessed by man but written by other men decades and centuries afterwards.
By all means, keep going.
Yea ok. You got me. Your research is where????

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
The links tell the facts that i just do not possess myself.
I am not a medical examiner who studied crucifixion. Are you?
If you are not, it is too much to think that a medical examiners explanation of what happens to the human body during crucifixion and what the capabilities of a person being crucified is....is inaccurate or at least a better understanding than what we each have ourselves?
Well dang I’m sure there are tons of links debunking links out there. We were always instructed from you that posting a link is not valid.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Well dang I’m sure there are tons of links debunking links out there. We were always instructed from you that posting a link is not valid.
Never instructed by me...
I use links all the time.
If you can find a link that a medical examiner states that suffocating people due to crucifixion who can barely take in a sip of air hold conversations by all means.....

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I agree. And truth be told, I think your story has an equal amount of God inspired effort in it as the bible.
Now, tell me if you could forsee any possible problems down the road with your story and correct it on the first try if you thought it could be a problem.
And compare that to a God that should have known then that you and I (and a billion others) would, could and will use the writings in the Bible against the writings in the Bible.

Is there ANY way that could have been avoided?
When we can go into a court room and there’s no need to have a lawyer for the defendant and one for the plaintiff over the same law - we have then become a people that have removed personal opinions.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Yea ok. You got me. Your research is where????
So you are telling me that you use a book that you didnt write yourself as not only your source of biblical information, but FACT! Yet I have to build a time machine and go back 1,986 years to snoop at some event which is recorded nowhere else in history because me providing the testimony of experts is not good enough...
Ok..

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Never instructed by me...
I use links all the time.
If you can find a link that a medical examiner states that suffocating people due to crucifixion who can barely take in a sip of air hold conversations by all means.....
I’m sure there was at least a minute “before” the suffocation began though, right??? At least 30 seconds just get the whole process started?? Did he have time to drink vinegar?? You’re really making a mountain out of this to prove what???? This is where you and Atlas are stuck.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
So you are telling me that you use a book that you didnt write yourself as not only your source of biblical information, but FACT! Yet I have to build a time machine and go back 1,986 years to snoop at some event which is recorded nowhere else in history because me providing the testimony of experts is not good enough...
Ok..
Mine is based on faith. Yours is based on tangible, real evidence, so yes.unless you’re just believing what those link writers are writing?? But they sometimes differ and argue, too. So man it looks like you are just like us after all lol

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
When we can go into a court room and there’s no need to have a lawyer for the defendant and one for the plaintiff over the same law - we have then become a people that have removed personal opinions.
I'll give you a dollar to take the bible into a courtroom and prove its validity on Legal terms