Random picture taken with a cellphone,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Me and my boy at the Big Poplar. Not a whole lot of folks know where it is. My grandad who was born in 1925 showed it to me and said it was known as the Big Poplar even when he was a boy.

49046041727_2732832770_b.jpg

You definitely got you a mini-me!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Never been , but the trail is on my short list. Hiking getting tougher these days…
Please get all the time and memories you can with that boy, time will soon start to fly by…

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
1x6 clear pine siding.

I put 2 coats of primer/paint on all the cut edges prior to install.

Slow work when the paint wont dry and you have to break out the torpedo.

edit: I was bricking that step when a storm hit and the power went out. I got that much done with the cell phone light until it lost power. I need to finish it at some point.drying siding.png

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Main front porch under construction. I cheated and didn't prime and paint all 6 sides of the siding boards that won't get weather.front porch 2.pngfront porch.png

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Love Dobie's,,,,and sir,you have some serious house building skills,is your heater a 100,000 btu one?that's what I have,,,,beautiful house too,,,,

Not sure on the heater. It will warm you up though.

As far as the skill go, caulk and paint can make just about anything look good. I appreciate it.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Kick out flashing where the siding meets the shoulder of the chimney. You can't tell from the angle but there is a 3/8" gap between the end of the siding board and the flashing. Everything in the pic will be white when final painted.
I ran out of white polyurethane and had to use tan and the tan flashing was made from scrap .

The slot for the kickout flashing has 2 coats of primer/paint in it and will be caulked, but it should never see any water anyway. flashing.png

Status
Not open for further replies.