Did Jesus claim to be the messiah?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I keep what I think of others testimony to myself. I don’t paint a picture with it and make assumptions like below. I don’t try to answer those things I don’t have the absolute answer for but will give an opinion if asked. You don’t even know my answers or opinion about those others, yet assume this. I was asked to give my testimony and two of y’all ran on your assumptions of what y’all thought my answers would be about those “others”. That’s the circus show. You got your carts before the horse.
If you are engaged in a conversation but are only willing to engage up to a point then you leave it open to assumptions. But,at least in my case, I was eliminating the obvious with my In a Nutshell reply. You have free reign to explain your position before or after that.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If you are engaged in a conversation but are only willing to engage up to a point then you leave it open to assumptions. But,at least in my case, I was eliminating the obvious with my In a Nutshell reply. You have free reign to explain your position before or after that.
Not so fast hoss......back up to post # 365 & 378 - great examples of how you assume things. The key here is you DIDNT ask me anything - you stated. Point made. Move along.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Not so fast hoss......back up to post # 365 & 378 - great examples of how you assume things. The key here is you DIDNT ask me anything - you stated. Point made. Move along.
I replied to You, #363
I don’t even concern myself with that. I really don’t. That bat sound hypocritical but I don’t even care. I know where you’re going but see we’ve ruled them all out except the one for me. The Muslim call God Allah, the Prophet is different.

If there’s a god out there doing things to be to make me think that my God is responsible, he’s but a very smart god.

As far as #378.
Lets clarify.
Are you saying that you believe that There is no God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit?

I know you stated that Jesus is God manifesting himself.
So, is it your belief that in Heaven there is no Jesus?
Or
Does god pop in and out of character as needed?

I said what I said about you and the Trinity because you have mentioned God. Jesus. And the Holy Spirit in past threads at different times so it was not assumption on my end, I was under the impression.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I replied to You, #363

As far as #378.
Lets clarify.
Are you saying that you believe that There is no God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit?

I know you stated that Jesus is God manifesting himself.
So, is it your belief that in Heaven there is no Jesus?
Or
Does god pop in and out of character as needed?

I said what I said about you and the Trinity because you have mentioned God. Jesus. And the Holy Spirit in past threads at different times so it was not assumption on my end, I was under the impression.
I’m saying there is but not individually. God is a spirit, the Word was God and made flesh. A manifestation of something doesn’t mean that “something” is an “individual”. If God manifested (or revealed) himself through a talking rock, that talking rock is not a separate God.

As far as to what we were discussing in reference to other gods - if you’re saying that you’ve ruled them all out and took it one God further than I did, it’s implying that there is only one that we should be discussing.

Ive acknowledged many times there are other gods - you can make a god out of anything. Wether you believe or think it has any power or not isn’t the issue, you assumed that the Christian is hypocritical because we “don’t acknowledge other testimonies”. Truth is, we aren’t saying there is no power in the “moon god” that someone feels helped them out, we recognize the experience, but, we also acknowledge and understand the work of satan through deception.

It has nothing to do with telling others they “didn’t experience”, it has everything to do with recognizing how the God we know works. The Indian might have saw the great buffalo in his vision.

At the end of the day unless I have something absolute other than my belief / disbelief, I don’t / can’t tell him that it wasn’t real to him. I can believe that it just might have been the rabbit tobacco from the peace pipe, or the work of satan. I won’t give his “spirit” any credit unless I recognize it as a work of God. That’s being obedient to my beliefs.

And you’re free and welcome to tell me what you believe or don’t believe, but there is nothing absolute or factual about it other than you do or don’t believe it.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
God in your opinion was God in the flesh, NOT the Son of god in the flesh.
Is that your position?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
God in your opinion was God in the flesh, NOT the Son of god in the flesh.
Is that your position?
Both. For the purpose of the story -
1. God is a spirit, manifest himself in the flesh. A spirit can’t die. The Godhead is “one” with different manifestations / functions. The flesh was crucified, God didn’t die. The same spirit that raised Jesus will raise the believers.

2. Jesus was the son of God, all believers are the children of God. The Father is another function of the Godhead. Believers are one body in Christ in spirit, they in him, him in them.

1gr8bldr

1. God is a spirit, manifest himself in the flesh. A spirit can’t die. The Godhead is “one” with different manifestations / functions. The flesh was crucified, God didn’t die. The same spirit that raised Jesus will raise the believers.

2. Jesus was the son of God, all believers are the children of God. The Father is another function of the Godhead. Believers are one body in Christ in spirit, they in him, him in them.
But the Father is not even the Father... since it was the 3rd person, the HS who came upon mary. What a mess. Look at the verses. No way around it

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

Are you a Oneness believer or Trinity? The reason I ask is because you compared God manifest as a Human to God manifest as a Rock. That seems more Oneness than the always being Son manifesting as a human.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Are you a Oneness believer or Trinity? The reason I ask is because you compared God manifest as a Human to God manifest as a Rock. That seems more Oneness than the always being Son manifesting as a human.
Oneness. Most trinity aren’t real trinity. They narrow it back to the one God and embedded within their argument they’re saying the same thing - God is Jesus, Jesus is God, Jesus the son of God, i in him, him in me, the Father and I are one, etc. Manifest meaning God revealing himself as human. Get a “trinitarian” to explain John 1 and see how trinity they are when they’re finished.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
But the Father is not even the Father... since it was the 3rd person, the HS who came upon mary. What a mess. Look at the verses. No way around it

You’re thinking of you and your biological son. Don’t think that way.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

So in your world God is everywhere at all times in everyone and everything (except non christians but definitely in burning bushes, donkeys and possibly rocks?)AND watching himself in Holy Ghost form impregnate Mary so she can carry HIMself around for 9 months, then he watches her bear HIMself where he is watching HIMself live inconspicuously for 30 years where He/3 laid low with no recordings of any significant deeds. Then for the last three years God and Man-God act separately as one and being God he is SO good that he can hold conversations with himself while referring to himself as something else and even question himself while calling himself father.

Hey bro, whatever helps you get out of bed in the morning. If you can simplify all that down to the point where you can look at yourself in the mirror(well, you are probably looking at god anyway at that point) then you deserve to roll with it.
Take care, be safe, shoot a big un. Happy Thanksgiving.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
You’re thinking of you and your biological son. Don’t think that way.
Spotlite, if someone has to suspend reality in favor of the absurd they can make anything sound in their head.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Spotlite, if someone has to suspend reality in favor of the absurd they can make anything sound in their head.
And you’re here .
And you’re free and welcome to tell me what you believe or don’t believe, but there is nothing absolute or factual about it other than you do or don’t believe it.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
So in your world God is everywhere at all times in everyone and everything (except non christians but definitely in burning bushes, donkeys and possibly rocks?)AND watching himself in Holy Ghost form impregnate Mary so she can carry HIMself around for 9 months, then he watches her bear HIMself where he is watching HIMself live inconspicuously for 30 years where He/3 laid low with no recordings of any significant deeds. Then for the last three years God and Man-God act separately as one and being God he is SO good that he can hold conversations with himself while referring to himself as something else and even question himself while calling himself father.

Hey bro, whatever helps you get out of bed in the morning. If you can simplify all that down to the point where you can look at yourself in the mirror(well, you are probably looking at god anyway at that point) then you deserve to roll with it.
Take care, be safe, shoot a big un. Happy Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too!! I won’t address the rest because I’ve far gotten away from grade school tactics ? But no, you’re assuming way too much again.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Spotlite your rules for me apply to yourself also.
We are both here: it is called reality the capital of Earth.
Not my rules. You and I are left with only belief and disbelief, if either of us had something concrete, we would be drowning minnows and this forum wouldn’t exist.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too!! I won’t address the rest because I’ve far gotten away from grade school tactics ?
Spot, I have to bring it to the level of the opposition so it is understood.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Spot, I have to bring it to the level of the opposition so it is understood.
How bout bringing it to the level of questions rather than making sarcastic statements from what you assume???

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Not my rules. You and I are left with only belief and disbelief, if either of us had something concrete, we would be drowning minnows and this forum wouldn’t exist.
I am satisfied showing nothing because I claim nothing. You on the other hand admit to claiming something but have nothing to show.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
How bout bringing it to the level of questions rather than making statements from what you assume???
I don't know how to write in Koine Greek so I go with my layman's interpretation of what is written in the book.
I guess by your own rules even you can't say I am wrong...
Anything is possible Spot.