Newest Tesla

sinclair1

Ask Volkswagen.

I ask google.
Emissions tests are aimed at ensuring that the levels of toxic gases produced by vehicles on the road do not exceed the defined limits. These tests measure the amount of tailpipe emissions produced by car engines, in order to check whether a vehicle meets the regulations that restrict emissions of specific pollutants.

Capt Quirk

Tests can be falsified, as per my Volkswagen remark. Results can be swept under the carpet, with money in the right pockets. Now, assuming your truck is above board, that is awesome. Could it be cleaner than it is? Can it use less fuel? Those are serious questions, not being flippant.

Now, again assuming your truck is on the level, how many guys leave their truck original? I know a bunch of good ol boys, who just gotta play with it. My old Ford is a victim of good ol boys trying to make a racetruck out of a respectable farm truck. I am undoing most of their work, because less than 10mpg is unacceptable to me... for environmental reasons, as well as the fact that it costs a bunch of money I could be spending elsewhere. I love that old truck, and I love driving it. But, I use it only when needed.

sinclair1

Tests can be falsified, as per my Volkswagen remark. Results can be swept under the carpet, with money in the right pockets. Now, assuming your truck is above board, that is awesome. Could it be cleaner than it is? Can it use less fuel? Those are serious questions, not being flippant.

Now, again assuming your truck is on the level, how many guys leave their truck original? I know a bunch of good ol boys, who just gotta play with it. My old Ford is a victim of good ol boys trying to make a racetruck out of a respectable farm truck. I am undoing most of their work, because less than 10mpg is unacceptable to me... for environmental reasons, as well as the fact that it costs a bunch of money I could be spending elsewhere. I love that old truck, and I love driving it. But, I use it only when needed.
I reduced my emissions 75% in the same truck by getting a job near home. If I could afford one I would probably drive a H1 military Humvee these little 6 miles. I also take my truck on vacation as the sports car tires are expensive. I get 20 per gal on a non windy day.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Does an electric vehicle really have much effect on emissions. I dont know for sure. I do know they have to be charged, and I would bet a large percentage of the electricity to recharge them come from conventional fossil burning power plants.

NOYDB

BANNED
Does an electric vehicle really have much effect on emissions. I dont know for sure. I do know they have to be charged, and I would bet a large percentage of the electricity to recharge them come from conventional fossil burning power plants.

Everything has a beginning. a middle and an end. If the beginning, cost to make and acquire is not added. And the cost to finish it. Then how green it might be in the middle is false.

Capt Quirk

Acco
According to their radio commercial, Georgia Power uses solar and hydro, in addition to conventional sources. Then you have the dinosaurs like Washington EMC, that "don't know nothing about solar".

There have been some advances in solar tech over the past few years. They have shingles and films, that can be used instead of bulky panels.

sinclair1

About to test drive a Vanderhall. I like the Morgan but over my pay grade for small commute transportation.

sinclair1

The time is around the corner. Switch to electrics or stay old school. We have decided to stay old school and will always have two gas cars in the garage as enthusiast.
No one knows if the new fad will stick or fall victim to the new environmental friendly gas cars they will push after everyone has a e-car. They will start saying the batteries are bad for the environment and we need to switch back.
The American consumerism is always to do differently.

If the prices drop I might have a battery commuter to work, but we are a gas family :bounce:

This fad will be a company killer for some manufacturers. I think this could kill Ford going all in the electric fad.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/2021/?bannerid=23333194|1477822|257951895|124804744|456344682

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I plan for our three trucks to last us the rest of our lives. Boats too, but I do want to replace the outboard on my river boat in the near future. We`ll probably have to replace our all electric hunting buggy, but that should be all.

sinclair1

I plan for our three trucks to last us the rest of our lives. Boats too, but I do want to replace the outboard on my river boat in the near future. We`ll probably have to replace our all electric hunting buggy, but that should be all.
I am in the process of deciding if I want to keep the 2012 FJ. It has the same bullet proof engine as your truck and should last another 10 easy. The other choice is to get a new 4x4 Tacoma next year and make it my last one.

The wife will probably be driving sports cars when she is 80. :flag:

klwehunt

I went to work for TVA in 1981 at Chicamauga Dam in Chattanooga.They had a facility that did research and development on electric vehicles.worked there for 8 years and have had no desire to own not even an electric golf cart.I guess the technology has inproved but i'm old school need the sound, feel,and smell of internal combustion engines.At 68 years old I have some old tech with carbs and some new tech with fuel injection and superchargers.I still don't need a vehicle that depends on a battery to get me there.Just my 2 cents

Dub

I could care less about anything Tesla makes.

My son, on the other hand, is smitten with them.

Oh.....just noticed NOYBD was banned. Guess someone caught him on his not-best-day, lol.

I guess I'll have to start reading encyclopedias now that he's gone. He knew everything....didn't even have to ask him and he'd prove it.

Patriot44

Banned
Clark Howard (World famous cheapskate millionaire by the age of 24, for those of you not from Atlanta) said today on WSB that Tesla has throat punched the luxury and luxury sport car industry in the US. Essentially, he said now is the time to buy a luxury sport car, just before he said that the resale values are in the tank.

Just trying to get you a better deal on that Porsche, Sinclair. :bounce:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I could care less about anything Tesla makes.

My son, on the other hand, is smitten with them.

Oh.....just noticed NOYBD was banned. Guess someone caught him on his not-best-day, lol.

I guess I'll have to start reading encyclopedias now that he's gone. He knew everything....didn't even have to ask him and he'd prove it.
You can still follow him by clicking on his user name. :bounce:

sinclair1

Clark Howard (World famous cheapskate millionaire by the age of 24, for those of you not from Atlanta) said today on WSB that Tesla has throat punched the luxury and luxury sport car industry in the US. Essentially, he said now is the time to buy a luxury sport car, just before he said that the resale values are in the tank.

Just trying to get you a better deal on that Porsche, Sinclair. :bounce:
Thanks, I plan to be on the opposing side of the velcro shoe crowd.::ke:

besides if I were to take the advice of a cheapskate millionaire, it would at least be @elfiii.:bounce:

Last edited:

sinclair1

EA193671-0ACF-47FA-B4EF-5BEF9691A07A.png
Gas back on top of production cars and battery cars. For you old school guys that 2.2 stock to 60 is almost three times faster than a stock 1970 hemi cuda. 14D1DC7E-5A9E-4BC4-9ABE-DF27F623825F.png