Random picture taken with a cellphone,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
The gnats were bad in Watkinsville today(we never have gnats here). This it the end of a piece of siding(2 coats paint on all cut ends) after about 3 minutes.

gnats.png

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
It's a little tight on this side of the chimney. Decided against the walkboard and ran the siding off ladders.

tight quarters.png

Last edited:

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
There was more elbow room on the left side of the chimney.

The reason there are so many ladders is that since I'm working alone I go from ladder to ladder instead of going down one ladder and back up the next ladder. Saves time and knees.

I painted this side on Thanksgiving. I like to paint without a ladder having to be against the siding. I don't want ladder marks or holidays.

A couple of those ladders(40 footers) are heavy so I don't want to move them but one time. elbow room.png

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Can you recommend a website to help me tie into an existing roof to extend it?

As far as framing or the whole shootin' match?

For framing the Larry Haun videos are good.

If you haven't done that type of work I would recommend finding someone who has.

Cmp1

BANNED
As far as framing or the whole shootin' match?

For framing the Larry Haun videos are good.

If you haven't done that type of work I would recommend finding someone who has.
I'd have to have my boy do it,,,,just want to extend about 8 ft,,,,2 6x6 posts at the end,,,,open, not framed in,,,,

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Thanksgiving day is a bad time to find out you grabbed the wrong color when you bought paint.

I thought I had an extra 5 gallon bucket but I only had about 2 gallons of Ultra Pure White. I put it in a smaller diameter bucket, took the strainer off the pickup tube on the sprayer and tilted the bucket back so the sprayer could suck the bucket dry.
I got two coats with about a pint to spare. paint buckets.png

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Yep,,,,I've got the tools,,,,just never tied into an existing roof,,,,

Pitch on existing roof?
Wall height to FFE?(finished floor elevation, be it a deck, the ground a patio, ect)?
Pitch on extension?
I assume you are coming off of a straight run of roof with no gables or valleys?

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I know whatcha' mean.
The end of the ridge on the left is 40' to the ground. I was happy to be finished with that part!

My back screened porch will be metal roof on a 12/12. I'll be working off of purlins(no decking) so I don't mind.

How did y'all walk on the metal? Toe boards off to the side?

naildrvr

My back screened porch will be metal roof on a 12/12. I'll be working off of purlins(no decking) so I don't mind.

How did y'all walk on the metal? Toe boards off to the side?
Yes sir. 2x4 toeboards and screwed every sheet as we went and then shimmied out there and screwed on the ridge cap. It makes you tighten up a little bit

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Yes sir. 2x4 toeboards and screwed every sheet as we went and then shimmied out there and screwed on the ridge cap. It makes you tighten up a little bit

I may need you to come by my place when we get to that porch just to show us that technique.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !

We built that little house for my buddy's daughter on his horse farm. She was on a "tight budget" and never stopped spending money.

We had a 12x12 deck in the budget.
Then she wanted it roofed and screened.

Then she wanted to add deck all the way across the back of the house and part way down the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.