T/C Hawken Trigger Adjustment

Michael F Sights

I have a old T/C Hwken 50 cal I bought in 1985, the set trigger is great but regular trigger feels like it takes 31 Lbs to get to fire. How hard is it to adjust? I believe the exposed screw on trigger only adjust set trigger tension.

Thanks for the help!

flconch53

They are not adjustable. The only thing you can do it to stone down the sear and tumbler to smooth them up. The older TC hawkens were not made to fire with just the main trigger. If you decide to try polishing be very careful removing the parts as the coil spring TC uses can cause parts to fly everywhere

frankwright

You are supposed to fire it with the set trigger. Pull the regular trigger until it clicks and then the set trigger will go off as light as you adjust it.

Michael F Sights

They are not adjustable. The only thing you can do it to stone down the sear and tumbler to smooth them up. The older TC hawkens were not made to fire with just the main trigger. If you decide to try polishing be very careful removing the parts as the coil spring TC uses can cause parts to fly everywhere

Thanks!

Tom W.

But be forewarned, you can adjust the set trigger to the point that if you blow on it really hard it will fire.

Latest posts