Finally shot the CVA Squirrel rifle

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Finally got to shoot the used CVA squirrel rifle I picked up this evening with both the 50 and the 36 barrel. Bad news first, they were both pretty rusty bore wise so after a good cleaning I was hoping they'd shoot ok. Shot the gong at 30 steps with the 50 first and was surprised that I hit it every time. Switched to the 36 barrel and after a few shots on the gong, I put it to paper. Not bad for 30 steps right before dark free handed. Definitely a dead squirrel at least! The patches were a little torn up due to the rusty bores but I'll keep working on smoothing them out. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the results!:banana:
IMG_0563.JPG

Last edited:

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Finally got to shoot the used CVA squirrel rifle I picked up this evening with both the 50 and the 36 barrel. Bad news first, they were both pretty rusty bore wise so after a good cleaning I was hoping they'd shoot ok. Shot the gong at 30 steps with the 50 first and was surprised that I hit it every time. Switched to the 36 barrel and after a few shots on the gong, I put it to paper. Not bad for 30 steps right before dark free handed. Definitely a dead squirrel at least! The patches were a little torn up due to the rusty bores but I'll keep working on smoothing them out. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the results!:banana:
View attachment 995297
How about bringing that thing when you come to see me,I'd like to look it over