JD 5075E reviews...

mossyoakpro

I'm having a some issues with my Kubota...so much so that I'm probably going to swap to a JD unless the dealer can get it fixed this time(which I doubt)

Anyway, does anyone have any history to share about the 5075E JD....that is the most comparable to my Kubota to handle my equipment.

Thanks!!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I'm having a some issues with my Kubota...so much so that I'm probably going to swap to a JD unless the dealer can get it fixed this time(which I doubt)

Anyway, does anyone have any history to share about the 5075E JD....that is the most comparable to my Kubota to handle my equipment.

Thanks!!
What’s wrong with the Kubota ?

mossyoakpro

What’s wrong with the Kubota ?

The fuel lines keep coming off...I have fixed it myself a couple of dozen times. Dealer has fixed it twice. The machine has less than 500 hours on it and I can't use it. I'm fed up with it. The dealer has had it now for almost 2 weeks....if they can't fix it this time, it's gone...

lonewolf247

The fuel lines keep coming off...I have fixed it myself a couple of dozen times. Dealer has fixed it twice. The machine has less than 500 hours on it and I can't use it. I'm fed up with it. The dealer has had it now for almost 2 weeks....if they can't fix it this time, it's gone...
Man that sure sucks! It sounds like a relatively easy fix, is this a common problem with that tractor? Kubota, is usually a pretty dependable tractor? Nothing wrong with John Deere though! If I were buying a new tractor today, it would be either Orange, or Green.

mossyoakpro

Man that sure sucks! It sounds like a relatively easy fix, is this a common problem with that tractor? Kubota, is usually a pretty dependable tractor? Nothing wrong with John Deere though! If I were buying a new tractor today, it would be either Orange, or Green.

Apparently it is a common issue....I googled it and it has quite a few things on there about it. My buddy has the same tractor with the same issues. Not as often as mine but his does the same thing....I spoke with the dealership since it's going on 3 weeks now that they have had it, fortunately they were running it and it happened to them too, they are trying to find some kind of different clamp to use to remedy the problem. I want to keep the machine since it is pre DEF but if it won't stay going then why have it?? My wife is fed up because I raise sand about it, so she already said that if happens again she's gonna trade it if I don't!! LOL

tree cutter 08

What model kubota? No kidding but had to fix a fuel line on a jd 5075 last year on a buddies tractor. It was routed the wrong way looked like to me. Don't know if they all are like that but it sure wasn't routed in the right place looked like to me.

Lilly001

I have a JD 5065e.
It's a beast.
But......
I don't like the way the hydro lines for the loader are mounted under the side of the tractor. Vulnerable to disconnect while working in brush and such.
Are, while a minor issue, I hate the 4wd switch.
It's under the pumpkin and is so vulnerable as to be useless because the wires to it are never attached.
My issues?
Starter replaced under warranty/recall.
Rear pumpkin bottom access cover fell apart(may have been an unreported damage).
Even with the above I see it as a good machine that works hard.
You just need to be able to trouble shoot and fix its minor issues.
If you can't do that you will go crazy calling a mechanic.

mossyoakpro

What model kubota? No kidding but had to fix a fuel line on a jd 5075 last year on a buddies tractor. It was routed the wrong way looked like to me. Don't know if they all are like that but it sure wasn't routed in the right place looked like to me.

7040 Kubota...the dealer called today and supposedly has it repaired. That remains to be seen. My wife has gotten involved now and I don't know if that's good or bad :) She said if it's not fixed that she will trade it if I don't!! LOL Could be an excuse for a new machine!! Just don't tell her.

Thanks for all the info folks!! I'll keep you posted on the latest repair.

tree cutter 08

7040 Kubota...the dealer called today and supposedly has it repaired. That remains to be seen. My wife has gotten involved now and I don't know if that's good or bad :) She said if it's not fixed that she will trade it if I don't!! LOL Could be an excuse for a new machine!! Just don't tell her.

Thanks for all the info folks!! I'll keep you posted on the latest repair.
If you decide to sell please let me know!

benellisbe

I have a 2018 NH Workmaster 70. I replaced a JD 5055e. My JD was pre emissions junk they have now. The NH was the best deal per pto HP i could fine. Ive only had 1 issue with a stupid safety circuit failure. I will tell you that my JD was 25% less rated HP than the NH, but it was a lot more tractor. When the time comes, im going back to JD.

benellisbe

Just wanted to bump this, i am now looking at trading my NH back to JD or a Kubota M4. Since March, i've had 3 separate issues where my NH would not start. Once running, I have no complaints, but a tractor you have to cross your fingers and hope it starts each time is not something I am going to continue dealing with. My father has a 17 NH with the same issues.

No tractor is perfect and used enough they will all have issues. the issues on my 5055 where far less than the NH. at least on my JD i could usually troubleshoot and fix easily. the NH has required an onsite tech 2 of the 3 times due to a safety circuit failure. if i keep it, i'm going to pony up for the full NH service manual to test the circuits myself instead of pay $250+ each time it needs a repair.

benellisbe

Stay away from the E series on JD....

What has been your experience with the E series? I am currently looking at a 5075M, but the E series is not far off the specs i'm looking at either (other than weight).