Best Protein on the market for the money?

Josh1997

Since its the offseason now whats your go to feed for max antler growth(other than corn)? Also whats your view? Some say proteins a hoax and some are believers in it.

kevan tyler

Since its the offseason now whats your go to feed for max antler growth(other than corn)? Also whats your view? Some say proteins a hoax and some are believers in it.
Big mineral 6 50lb $7 tractor supply,

Went to a place today I haven’t put out salt since before deer season and they are still digging it up,

Probably just luck but I get more buck then doe on camera using it

Attachments

• D0A0FD7F-1BAF-44E1-A975-6A399D21FD82.jpeg
    D0A0FD7F-1BAF-44E1-A975-6A399D21FD82.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 136

buckpasser

We’re using Meadows Edge. Any quality protein feed will be some improvement if you have enough land or good neighbors (in a few years of consistent feeding). It’s truly tough to be successful in my area due to the up and comer bucks leaving in pickup trucks all the time.

grady white

Antler Extreme seems impressive but the deer where I hunt just didn't like it, they ate Buck Muscle pretty good but once spring came they didn't eat enough of it to make a difference i tried for two years now I just use those two feeders in the middle of our property starting in September with corn and we don't even hunt over them I do think it helps does stay in the area though, I think my problem is that our property is heavy ag with peanuts, cotton and Corn so my protein feeding attempt just didn't compete with what the farmer was putting in the ground , which is good for me as it saved me money, if you are on property with heavy ag you may find that the deer may not use it enough to even help them , we had a few does that were using them the most during summer which helps that button buck in her belly but once that button buck gets a year or so old 70% of those buck are going to move to a new location usually 5 to 7 miles away and never come back according to QDMA and they have proven that to be fact . if you hunt a heavy ag farm then let the farmers grow the deer for you lots of high quality food already out there for them in the form of peanuts and young tender cotton and heavily fertilizes field edge browse , even their preferred weeds get fertilized heavily . I think that's why the farmer looked at me funny when I told him I was going to try protein feeding , he said boy you know these big bucks can push 300 pounds if they live to 5 or 6 years old ...them deer don't need more food, I think he is right atleast on the property I hunt

ucfireman

I have been feeding Buck muscle for 3 years, FRM before that. Right now mixing 100lb corn to 50 BM. in a gravity feeder. Got clover and oats in a 1 area, look great. Clover is popping in my pastures.
In about a month or so, I am going to plant Alyce clover and maybe some other stuff, and lightly fertilize over those areas. They are open hardwood bottoms and have privet and "weeds" others say they are forbes (I don't know). I may keep the feeder full by the house just to watch but I am not doing the trough this year, Squirrels and coons eat more than the deer.
Most say its useless but I have mixed a bag of medicated goat feed (de wormer) a few times in the past, may do it again.
Need to figure out a place for a mineral feeder or spot. I have tried 2 times past and it gets flooded out. Need to do higher ground I guess but don't want the salt to kill the trees near by. Have not seen deer use the ones I tried before.
And I have 3 white oaks I am planning on transplanting to new areas.
Also plan on cutting some hardwoods to the ground in early mid spring for "mineral stumps" ( i think that is what I heard them called) as well as a few to use as fawn cover.
That's the plan anyway.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
We had good luck with purina but the not all deer seem to like it.

toolmkr20

Been feeding Buck Muscle. The only problem I’m having is getting them to eat from my trough feeder. They won’t touch it in my trough but they will dig the dirt up eating it off the ground. Cannot figure out what they don’t like about the feeder trough.

Tadder

Been feeding Buck Muscle. The only problem I’m having is getting them to eat from my trough feeder. They won’t touch it in my trough but they will dig the dirt up eating it off the ground. Cannot figure out what they don’t like about the feeder trough.
We get the same results. want come around any type feeder but put it out on the ground and they'll clean it up.

S.Dailey

Buck Muscle here. Started out with a mix of corn and Buck Muscle and then went to straight BM. No complaints from the locals as far as eating from a feeder either.

Attachments

• BM.jpg
    BM.jpg
    893.9 KB · Views: 165
  • BM1.jpg
    BM1.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 155

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
25% Buck Muscle and 75% corn works for us. Deer seem to love it and demolish a 200 lb "dinner plate" gravity feeder in a few days.

Bucaramus

We get the same results. want come around any type feeder but put it out on the ground and they'll clean it up.
They wear my feeders out with Buck Muscle. I usually feed the crumble. 8 feeders year round on 1000 acres. If I could afford it they'd all get filled once a week but 1200-1500lbs a week get's right expensive!

swamp hunter

Dang !! Ya'll are some Serious Feeders..
I put out Browse most of the Year and top it off with Acorns in the Fall , Maybe some Mushrooms if it rains real good.
More Power to ya. Hope you get a Record Book buck