What the best inline muzzle loader of today ?

LittleDrummerBoy

Not to confuse matters further, but I have a TC Encore, and I really like it. I also have a 300 win mag barrel for it. Ive enjoyed the combo a lot over the years!

The Encore is very nice. At a given barrel length, the gun is shorter and lighter than bolt-type designs. The trigger is also adjustable, and the ones I've used are very accurate. I like the simple design of break actions, and TC put lots of quality into this one.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
The Encore is very nice. At a given barrel length, the gun is shorter and lighter than bolt-type designs. The trigger is also adjustable, and the ones I've used are very accurate. I like the simple design of break actions, and TC put lots of quality into this one.
I snatched mine off Craigslist.
Funny I typed encore and it plopped in my hands. Love it and shot an eight point two days later.

Jack Flynn

Jump on out there and get you a superb muzzleloader. I'd recommend going to White Muzzleloading site and get in touch with Doc White. Get a Super 91 or a Whitetail ML. Buy your slip fit bullets from no excuses and experience what a superbly made action/muzzleloading inline gun is like. Accurate as you are all day long. And the slip fit bullets fall down the barrel, literally.

SWAMPFOX

I've heard good things about Knight rifles. I understand they're made here in America. For me that's a good thing. (As an aside, with all the turmoil with the COVID-19, I just can't bring myself to buy anything Chinese.)

Buddy of mine at my club near Swainsboro has a Knight disc extreme with the thumb hole stock and it is a fine rifle.

01Foreman400

Staff member
I'd really take a close look at the 2020 models from CVA. BPI/CVA has made huge steps making fast twist 45cal rifles that are very accurate for production rifles. The Paramount has proven itself well in the field this past fall. For 2020 they are offering a lighter version of the Paramount, plus other models also in 45cal.
Powerbelt, also a BPI owned company, has stepped up with the ELR bullet, which is not only accurate at long ranges, but also functions. Big step.

Although the Paramount is rated for much heavier charges for long range hunting, it also shoots lighter than maximum charges accurately. Yes, its more expensive than some of the other products, but IMO it lives up to the price.

Good luck with your choice.

I’m looking forward to getting the Paramount Pro. It will probably be delayed due to all the messing going on now though.

tgc

Our season only lasts 10 days (sc) . Don’t see going nuts on expensive muzzleloader. Mine is <$200 and I’m very satisfied with my traditions. Check out pawn shops this time of year. Seen some good buys recently. Good luck to ya.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Our season only lasts 10 days (sc) . Don’t see going nuts on expensive muzzleloader. Mine is <$200 and I’m very satisfied with my traditions. Check out pawn shops this time of year. Seen some good buys recently. Good luck to ya.

Can you not hunt with it once rifle season is in?

Ours is only 7 days but I’ll be off that whole week and I’ll use mine in rifle season as well.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
The Encore is accurate, well built and a dream to clean. I have had mine for 15 years and have never had a need for a different one. A little trigger work and a change to BH209 about 4 years after I started with it was a serious game changer too.

PLUS during turk season I swap barrels :)

shdw633

Ours is only 7 days but I’ll be off that whole week and I’ll use mine in rifle season as well.

Not only that but many states, like Illinois private land, allow muzzleloaders during their shotgun season which that gun you are looking at will blow any shotgun away as far as distance and accuracy.

tgc

Yea you can hunt with the muzzleloader all season if you like. That’s a very noble pursuit.

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
The CVA Nitride Stainless ML is an excellent shooter, no rust, easy to clean and maintain. Clean it like a regular gun.

LTFDretired

I got a Remington 700ML when they first came out as it matched my do-go deer rifle Remington 700SS

It was ok but eventually I went to CVA