LCP II .380

rosewood

I like hammers myself. Been carrying the standard LCP for about 3 years now. It is in my front pocket when I am unable to carry something bigger on my hip.

Got a little bite to it when shooting, but it doesn't weigh much. All light guns have that problem even in the .380. Has been 100% reliable though.

I consider it a "get off me gun". Wouldn't use to stop a bank robbery, but would use it to stop a "me" robbery.

Rosewood

SC Hunter

I like hammers myself. Been carrying the standard LCP for about 3 years now. It is in my front pocket when I am unable to carry something bigger on my hip.

Got a little bite to it when shooting, but it doesn't weigh much. All light guns have that problem even in the .380. Has been 100% reliable though.

I consider it a "get off me gun". Wouldn't use to stop a bank robbery, but would use it to stop a "me" robbery.

Rosewood
I also carry a regular LCP occasionally when I can't carry one of my bigger guns. I also carry a 5 shot 22 mag derringer revolver almost every day, including when I'm working and we aren't supposed to have a gun on us. I carry that little 22 magnum just as a get me back to the truck gun and get off me. I would rather have a glock 19 if someone is shooting at me but anything is better than nothing.

snuffy

I have the standard LCP also.

And like Rosewood carry it when I cant carry something bigger. And sometime carry both.

It has been 100% also and in an ankle holster it fits great inside my Wellington style boots.

When I am wearing shorts it is in the holster that came with the gun in my right front pocket.

Big7

The Oracle
P
Who has one and do you like it?

I have 2. One plain black and one 10 year anniversary edition. Black and stainless.

They are surprisingly accurate for a pocket rocket. They do have a crisp but manageable kick.

I carry mine a LOT. + they are really good pistols, especially for what they cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub

Big7

The Oracle
And.. The .380 (started life as a 9MM Kort or something like that?) is a potent round. Don't believe no different. Might not do good on heavy clothing as far as penetration goes. I sure don't want one to hit me.

Ruger has a new round out that's specifically designed to overcome this issue of penetration. It's the ARX. Check out some of the reviews and YouTube clips matching this round against 4 layers of heavy denim + a block of ballistic gel.

AWESOME! I feel very comfortable with the lilittle LCP and this ammo as a main carry option.

rosewood

I also carry a regular LCP occasionally when I can't carry one of my bigger guns. I also carry a 5 shot 22 mag derringer revolver almost every day, including when I'm working and we aren't supposed to have a gun on us. I carry that little 22 magnum just as a get me back to the truck gun and get off me. I would rather have a glock 19 if someone is shooting at me but anything is better than nothing.
The LCP took the NAA 22mag's place in my pocket. The NAA lives in the safe these days.

Rosewood

Last edited:

rosewood

And.. The .380 (started life as a 9MM Kort or something like that?) is a potent round. Don't believe no different. Might not do good on heavy clothing as far as penetration goes. I sure don't want one to hit me.

Ruger has a new round out that's specifically designed to overcome this issue of penetration. It's the ARX. Check out some of the reviews and YouTube clips matching this round against 4 layers of heavy denim + a block of ballistic gel.

AWESOME! I feel very comfortable with the lilittle LCP and this ammo as a main carry option.

The effectiveness isn't my issue with the .380, it is my competences with accuracy and rapid fire. I am far better with a bigger gun. Wouldn't want to have to make longer shots with the LCP. But at close range, I am quite confident.

Rosewood

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
I bought the lcp2 for the wife. We both love it. Its an awesome little gun. Pair it with the hornady xtp and ur good to go.

transfixer

I've got the lcp and use it as a pocket gun, sometimes in a pocket holster, sometimes by itself, my understanding is the trigger is different on the lcpII, easier to pull if you will ? I don't think I would like that given the way I carry mine, I like the fact the original lcp has a long revolver like pull, reduces the chances of accidental discharge if I forget and happen to have something else in my pocket.

paulito

9mm kurtz is what u are looking for. My FIL has a german pistol from the WW era and its stamped on it.

I carry the original everyday as well. Front pocket holster. I'm pretty accurate with it at close, indoors type ranges. Forget it's there half the time which is a plus for me. I too have a truck gun as I never got comfortable with everyday IWB carry of my walther. Maybe one day.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
An LC9 isn't much bigger, but is easier to shoot and hits harder. That's my go-to lilbitty gun. I've carried mine with swimming trunks and a tshirt.

ryanh487

Love mine! Carry it every day at work where it's probably against the rules but I'm not gonna ask or tell so I need something that disappears in the pocket of my slacks with a shirt tucked in.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
My LCP is in my front pocket even if I have my Glock 21 on my hip.
Like others said, it's a "belly gun" not for a firefight.

doomtrpr_z71

It's called inceptor now, the Ruger arx line was discontinued. I prefer the Underwood Leigh defense loads to the inceptor 380, but the inceptor is a good, cheaper alternative.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I bought my daughter one and she loves it.....need to get another for the wife.......and yea, I want one too. Trigger is long and I like that for this size gun and pocket carry. And the extended mag is a plus for sure.
Here’s he one I got her
F2448002-9E61-41E1-A375-084DA0836D52.jpeg
Don’t remember if this the 2 or not, but it’s got the glock type trigger safety.....it’s pretty sweet

Mattval

I carried the original LCP for years until the San Bernadino shooting. Then I went with a 9mm with a spare mag.

GeorgiaBob

I decided to get a tiny semi with a loud bang for my wife about 5 years ago. The Ruger LCP looked good so I borrowed one at the range and tried it out. Next time in the gun store, I bought two of them. I offered the second one to my daughter as a "purse gun," but she decided to stick to her 9mm.

Eventually I bought an ankle holster and started carrying the other LCP myself. It is tiny, lightweight (yes, that means it kicks), and does not print on my pants leg. With the 11 round extended mag I bought later, and also carry in the ankle holster, I have 18 rounds ready to use. It makes a good back up plan and means I am still armed when carrying IWB is not feasible.

At the range I discovered that the very short barrel 380 is actually louder than most 9mm. I consider that a good thing, especially if my wife has to pull a trigger. That short barrel also means the flash is very bright in low light. Something I also consider a positive in a close defense weapon.

The down side is accuracy. It is difficult to aim or accurately point and shoot such a tiny, short barreled, lightweight weapon. My answer was a red laser. There were several available for the LCP. My wife can quickly fire several accurate shots using the laser. I can shoot it more accurately, and faster, with the laser.

My daughter later bought an LCP II. The improvements are good touches for the weapon. The additional serrations on the front of the slide make it easier to manipulate. The "Glock" style trigger safety is nice and the apparently deeper texture on the grip do help the "feel" when firing. I still like my little "old" LCP, but the newer LCP II seems to be improved in several ways.

Last, I believe that the little Ruger is reasonably well made and dependable. They are not too difficult to clean. When I was first breaking in the weapons, I had a few jams, all from failure to fully discharge spent rounds. I think that was range ammo failing to overcome the very stiff springs. Once I put about 2 or 300 rounds through the pistols, that problem disappeared. Neither of the LCPs we have has ever jammed or failed to discharge with the Hornady 90gr "Critical Defense" we use.