Team 3 "Trifecta"

goblr77

I'll message you guys and we'll discuss what to do with these birds.

Bird 1.

Attachments

• IMG_1547.jpeg
    IMG_1547.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1553.jpeg
    IMG_1553.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1558.jpeg
    IMG_1558.jpeg
    391.7 KB · Views: 19

goblr77

Bird 2

Attachments

• IMG_1607.jpeg
    IMG_1607.jpeg
    365.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1609.jpeg
    IMG_1609.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Beard 1.jpeg
    Beard 1.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Spur 1.jpeg
    Spur 1.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 15

goblr77

Listened before work this morning and heard a prospect for Saturday. Maybe he'll stay put for a couple days.

goblr77

I’ll try to go listen Friday morning before work at the same place I hunted last weekend. If it’s promising, I’ll give that bird another chance Saturday. I won’t be heading to TN until the 15th. We decided to push our trip back and will hit KY the weekend of the 18th as well.

goblr77

Heard one this morning before work. He's not in an ideal spot but at least he was talking. Maybe he'll be willing to play tomorrow morning.

goblr77

Got him. The sonofagun was roosted across two pastures from where I heard him yesterday morning. I was already set up when I heard him but luckily I could move and view the pasture. He flew down 300 yards away, all alone, and gobbled at everything I threw at him. Once he crossed the fence at 125 I didn’t say another word. He was coming on a string then just hit a wall on the edge of my gun range. He strutted back and forth in the pasture for 30 minutes looking for the hen he thought he heard then turned to walk away. He miscalculated his distance to hang up and it cost him his life. No blind, no dekes.

Jethro8410

I've been every morning since Friday. They gobble like wildfire for me Saturday am but not a word Friday. Had one sitting on a limb this morning and gobbling crazy. Strutting and drumming on the limb but he was about 80 yards out. When he flew he went to another tree about 300 yards away. Dumb thing was there was 3 hens under tree clucking and purring at him but he wouldn't come down