Be careful

bevills1

A few years ago my son went to hunt a stand built on large tree limbs of a hardwood tree about 15 fieet off the ground that used an inverted 5 gallon bucket for a seat. A rattle snake was found under the 5 gallon bucket when it was moved to relocate it in the stand. I don't know if the samke climbed up there or how it got under the bucket.

Wayne D Davis

A few years ago my son went to hunt a stand built on large tree limbs of a hardwood tree about 15 fieet off the ground that used an inverted 5 gallon bucket for a seat. A rattle snake was found under the 5 gallon bucket when it was moved to relocate it in the stand. I don't know if the samke climbed up there or how it got under the bucket.
That seems fishy. Someone trying to set you up

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
As a kid growing up... guessing mid to late 70's we use to fish Coopers Lake.... small lake close to the covered bridge in Smyrna/ Oakdale. Below the spillway we would ware out some bluegill. The place was covered up with moccasins. Occasionally while reeling in a fish it would get attacked by a snake. Crazy times as a youngster. I remember a vehicle ran off into the lake one time and when they recovered the body it had several snakes on it..... so the story was told

When I moved from Oakwood to Acworth, Coopers lake was one of the first lakes we checked and fished..........if I grew up close to this place, I would have practically lived there as a kid.

Wayne D Davis

When I moved from Oakwood to Acworth, Coopers lake was one of the first lakes we checked and fished..........if I grew up close to this place, I would have practically lived there as a kid.
It was a few miles bike ride from home but no problem for kids with a fishing pole. I lived all over smyrna growing up.

bevills1

That seems fishy. Someone trying to set you up
I thought about that, but the lease we were hunting had open stand policy which means any member could have hunted that stand if they pinned in there first. May have been a not funny and dangerous joke played on anyone who hunted there next.

280 Man

Banned
I've never seen an aggressive snake. 100% defensive.

I sure hope the snakes around here don't start chasing people.

Same here! I have never seen a snake just outta the blue start chasing someone! Just like those that say guns are dangerous. I have been around countless hundreds and hundreds of guns over the years and have never seen a gun jump up and start shooting!