What Effect if Any

Joe Brandon

Guys with limited access to public lands at this time, what effect if any will this have on wildlife in your experience/education.

splatek

UAEC
If we don’t shoot em yet they will breed.

That's crazy talk... bahahahah!

Truthfully, it's a great question. I have not been to any places yet, was going to hit the WMA where I have a few cams today, but I am not sure if I will get stopped - is checking cams a "necessity?" I will say that the little wildlife we have around the suburbian homestead has been out in force. More birds, more deer, more squirrels, rabbits... I think it gives us a glimpse of what the planet would look like should humans not be so plentiful and around using cars and what not.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Seen deer out back cruising yesterday for the first time since November
That's crazy talk... bahahahah!

Truthfully, it's a great question. I have not been to any places yet, was going to hit the WMA where I have a few cams today, but I am not sure if I will get stopped - is checking cams a "necessity?" I will say that the little wildlife we have around the suburbian homestead has been out in force. More birds, more deer, more squirrels, rabbits... I think it gives us a glimpse of what the planet would look like should humans not be so plentiful and around using cars and what not.

splatek

UAEC
Checked the three cams I have on one wma and every one has at least a pair of turkey hunters. also plenty of deer and turkey. trucks out in force today.

cramer

a little off topic but, think about how many trees will be cut in the next 2-3 years to get the TP , kleenex and paper towel inventory back to normal

greg j

The fewer hunters in the woods the bigger the bucks will get. They will reach their own population balance. My dad was a WWll vet and said that when he returned from overseas that that bucks were huge racked for the first couple of years after returning.
He kept all his racks on the garage wall with each year they were shot.
The racks got progressively smaller each year with the number of hunters increasing and shooting younger bucks. This was in Michigan Upper Peninsula from 1946 to the early 60's

westcobbdog

a little off topic but, think about how many trees will be cut in the next 2-3 years to get the TP , kleenex and paper towel inventory back to normal

that would actually be a great thing in many areas of the CNF, where its nothing but huge old growth forests dominated mostly by Hemlock and White Pine, in many places crowding out everything even the oaks.

Latest posts