Binoculars

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Leopold BX-1 Mckenzie

Not familiar with this model but have always used Leupold. Couple years ago, the whole objective broke off on the left side of my binos as it was in the negatives outside. Sent them back to Leupold. They sent me a brand new pair of Rogues with a note that read, "We are sorry but we no longer make this model. Please accept this newer model and our sincere apology." I'm a customer for life.

greg_n_clayton

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B004P1IMFA/?coliid=I1ELDK7U7SP4IO&colid=1F3X5JDOI7O3N&psc=1

I have used these Celestron's for going on 5 years now. They are extremely popular in the bird watching community and they use binoculars a lot! I'm actually about to order a second pair to keep in the boat.
How big are these ? I had a small pair from bushnell that I carried in my vest when skwerl huntin. Their disappearance remains a mystery ! My eyes and age cause me to need some help seeing them laying flat in fork anymore. Reply with reply button if ya will. My memory about this post may fade away.
Thanks

transfixer

I bought a set of Leupold Yosemite's a couple years ago, 10x30, I didn't pay but $89 on clearance at Academy, just looked them up and they are now $199, so they don't fit your budget, but I have been more than impressed with them , being prism binos they are not only compact, but extremely clear and sharp , I'd probably go with Leupold, although I know Vortex makes some quality stuff.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
How big are these ? I had a small pair from bushnell that I carried in my vest when skwerl huntin. Their disappearance remains a mystery ! My eyes and age cause me to need some help seeing them laying flat in fork anymore. Reply with reply button if ya will. My memory about this post may fade away.
Thanks

The specs say they are 7x3x8 inches. Not huge, but not tiny either. About the same size as most 10x42's that I've seen.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Dusty Roads

Nikon Action 8X40/Had a long time,excellant.
Always use with wide Nikon neck strap.

Geffellz18

Zhumell 10x42 short barrel binoculars. Have had them for several years and they have been outstanding for me.

4.4 out of 5 stars with 374 reviews.
They also have an 8x42 version depending on your preference.

$95 and change on Ebay
306ABBBA-E67C-4CA8-9331-B6BBE1F4C39B.jpeg

Last edited:

Paleo

Dump Trump Movement CEO
If you have some time I'd recommend going to the cloudynights.com astronomy forum binocular sub-forum. It has a couple of decades worth of information and opinions on everything from opera glasses to the modern successors to giant anti-aircraft and ship binoculars and everything in between. A lot of used binoculars sell on their classified forum too.

CroMagnum

If you have some time I'd recommend going to the cloudynights.com astronomy forum binocular sub-forum. It has a couple of decades worth of information and opinions on everything from opera glasses to the modern successors to giant anti-aircraft and ship binoculars and everything in between. A lot of used binoculars sell on their classified forum too.
Good info Paleo, and I hadn't considered buying used but it does have some appeal. I really appreciate your input. Stay safe out there and many thanks!

Bobby Bigtime

We use binoculars very often and have many brands from cheap to expensive. I firmly believe you should check out Meade we have been really impressed with them. I lost my first pair and replaced them right away with the ones we have now. They are now our first choice.