4/17 Lanier

Kdog

Took off Friday to hit Lanier with Logan. I started out rather slow for Logan only having 4 blowups on top water compared to him landing 5 spots and one bream. Out of those, I only landed one striper and one small bass. As the day went on, he continued to show me how to catch them. So around 1:00, I had had enough and started showing him that I could catch them too.

Have to say he smoked me early, but pretty sure I smoked him later. We easily caught over 90#'s of spots, and am sure we had over 100#'s. Only issue is they were all in the perfect eating size of 2-3# and we didn't keep any. :(

Coenen

Heck yeah! Lake is fishing really well.

Kdog

Incredibly well. Caught them on top water, shakey head, swim baits, jerk baits and cranks. Still had several spitting up crayfish, but most were spitting up shad/BB's.

Big7

The Oracle
Why didn't you keep some to eat?
Aren't they legal with a limit?

I don't fish there any more so I don't keep up with Spots.?

Kdog

Why didn't you keep some to eat?
Aren't they legal with a limit?

I don't fish there any more so I don't keep up with Spots.?

We just never keep fish since only my son and I eat them. We are planning to keep some and have a fish fry soon.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Been a while since that trip! Have only caught them like that there one time since.
I don't believe I've fished the Hootch since that day we went together. It was certainly one of those days that's hard to top.

Cletus T.

Sounds like a very fun day on the water and anytime you catching big numbers like that its fun!

I think me and my son are going to hit Lanier at some point this weekend.