Finally get to camp!

MissouriBoy

When we moved here from New Mexico I was pumped to check out some Georgia campsites and do some hiking, fishing, and relaxing.
With the “world ending” then me breaking my foot it really kept pushing my camp timeline farther and farther to the right.
Well good news, I get to load the kids and wife up this weekend and hit the water and enjoy some beautiful Georgia outdoors!
We are camping with another family, and they also have 3 kids, so I’ve got a scavenger hunt planned for them, plan a little class on knife handling for my boys, and hopefully fish cleaning! Wish me luck.

MissouriBoy

GA sure has some pretty places!!! Enjoy!!
I’m also borrowing the neighbors kayaks and going to take a stroll around the lake in the morning doing some fishing! Just hope the weather cooperates!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Sorry to hear you broke your foot.
I know you were planning on turkey hunting. How did that go?

MissouriBoy

Sorry to hear you broke your foot.
I know you were planning on turkey hunting. How did that go?
Heard some gobbles on Oaky Woods, but didn’t get anything. Had some guys some driving in on me once who were looking for trails to mud. It was a hard hunt, but I enjoyed it!

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
When we moved here from New Mexico I was pumped to check out some Georgia campsites and do some hiking, fishing, and relaxing.
With the “world ending” then me breaking my foot it really kept pushing my camp timeline farther and farther to the right.
Well good news, I get to load the kids and wife up this weekend and hit the water and enjoy some beautiful Georgia outdoors!
We are camping with another family, and they also have 3 kids, so I’ve got a scavenger hunt planned for them, plan a little class on knife handling for my boys, and hopefully fish cleaning! Wish me luck.
Glad your foot got better. Sounds like my childhood. I never stayed in a hotel until I was on my senior trip after high school. We always camped with another family. Scavenger hunts and lots of fishing were always planned for us. Sounds like a GREAT plan!