Leather Haversack/Possibles Bag

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I like it.

Hillbilly stalker

Nice work ! I carry a haversack a lot hunting fishing and knocking around. There handy as a pocket in a shirt. Looks nice

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Yeah, I liked the smaller bag I ordered for my Muzzle loader stuff so well I called the guy and had him make me Big Brother for the rest of my gear.
This will be a better and much cooler option than the little Igloo that served well.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Yeah, I liked the smaller bag I ordered for my Muzzle loader stuff so well I called the guy and had him make me Big Brother for the rest of my gear.
This will be a better and much cooler option than the little Igloo that served well.

I`ve used a possibles bag for years turkey, deer hunting, and squirrel hunting. Small, but big enough for my needs. There`s always two different fire making kits, whetstone, roll of cordage, turkey call, antler predator call, compass, collapsible gun rod, lens cloth, extra knife, and blood clotter. Made by a good friend and fellow reenactor who is a master leather craftsman, it`s styled after a Scottish sporran. When I get the urge to hunt, I can grab it, my gun, and walk out the door ready to go.

oldguy

I got a canvas one from 3-Rivers last year. I like it so much I'm thinking of getting a second one for every day use/road trips. Never know when you might need something!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
My usual loadout is spare snuff, extra mag/ammo, small binocs, gloves, shemagh, flashlight, couple of lighters, a bit of Paracord, some kinda critter call, a snack, and a drink bottle. All my usual junk fits nicely with room to spare.

This thing is easier and more convenient than any backpack will ever be. It is something I wish I'd thought of 40 years ago.

Guess the ancestors really did know what they were doing....

And there is the added benefit that this thing will be an item that my grandsons can fight over once I am dead and done.

I don't imagine anybody's grandsons ever fought over Grandpa's Igloo bag....

Last edited:

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Well, today was the day to field trial the big brother possibles bag...

Screenshot_20200516-141606.png

Carried the thing 7.5 miles thru the Okefenokee this morning, in search of pigs.

I am 100 percent SOLD on this thing, never going to carry a backpack again. Some "old school tech" can't be beat.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Well, today was the day to field trial the big brother possibles bag...

View attachment 1017130

Carried the thing 7.5 miles thru the Okefenokee this morning, in search of pigs.

I am 100 percent SOLD on this thing, never going to carry a backpack again. Some "old school tech" can't be beat.

Welcome to the Likehearted People. Nice cottonmouth skin you got there too.

SC Hunter

I had a possibles bag made of canvas type material that was either stolen or I somehow lost it. I'm thinking stolen out of my truck. I never replaced it but I've been meaning to. I had all kinds of stuff in there that I could use for about any situation I got myself into.