groundhog hunting

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
can anyone help with an area/place to hunt groundhogs in north Ga?
Most farmers, at least around here, are glad to let you hunt them.

Butch45

thanks for the reply. where are you when you say around here.? do you think THe NC DNR could help. Maybe you have a contact. My son lives in Whittiier.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
thanks for the reply. where are you when you say around here.? do you think THe NC DNR could help. Maybe you have a contact. My son lives in Whittiier.
I'm near Maggie Valley/Waynesville.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I haven’t done it in a bit but love to hunt and eat them critters.
Dairy farmers were particularly easy to get permission from to rid pastures of them.

Lilly001

The best thing is to drive the countryside and look for obvious habitat like large crop fields. Then politely approach the farmer and ask if you can help him control the vermin.
Haveing experience with farmers, I find that if you can explain to them that you will safeguard their land by closing gates and staying out of growing crop fields might get you a one time access. Then you can build on that.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The best thing is to drive the countryside and look for obvious habitat like large crop fields. Then politely approach the farmer and ask if you can help him control the vermin.
Haveing experience with farmers, I find that if you can explain to them that you will safeguard their land by closing gates and staying out of growing crop fields might get you a one time access. Then you can build on that.

^^^^^^^^ This, if you explain your after vermin harming crops or stock you’ll have much more success as long as you fulfill your promise of diligence.