Not like me but Prayer Request

nickel back

My mother 82yo(lives with me and my wife) with Alzheimer's disease. My wife and me are doing what we think is right, we are doing our very best to take care of her. My wife stays home to watch over her, make sure she takes her meds, fix her food, and so on. Life is tuff on the care giver in these situation I for one hate to see my mother a woman that was so strong at one point and time to be like a child, its hard. I'm right at the point of I just don't know anymore on how to handle her. My wife bless her heart does all she can but its almost to a point its not enough, my mother is never happy and is truly like a little kid that you have to always go behind on every little thing( its a fight to get her to take a bath). Please say a prayer for us, its sad to say and hard to say but there are times I wish my mother would pass away in her sleep peacefully, I would be good with that at this point and time.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
My mother 82yo(lives with me and my wife) with Alzheimer's disease. My wife and me are doing what we think is right, we are doing our very best to take care of her. My wife stays home to watch over her, make sure she takes her meds, fix her food, and so on. Life is tuff on the care giver in these situation I for one hate to see my mother a woman that was so strong at one point and time to be like a child, its hard. I'm right at the point of I just don't know anymore on how to handle her. My wife bless her heart does all she can but its almost to a point its not enough, my mother is never happy and is truly like a little kid that you have to always go behind on every little thing( its a fight to get her to take a bath). Please say a prayer for us, its sad to say and hard to say but there are times I wish my mother would pass away in her sleep peacefully, I would be good with that at this point and time.

God bless you and your wife for your efforts dealing with a horrible disease in one so close. Prayers sent.

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
Prayers sent

nickel back

Prayers sent.
My business partner went through the same thing a couple of years ago. You and your wife have done well but there is no shame in asking for professionally trained assistance at this point. I am so sorry.

We are working/looking into that but, this covid-19 going on, we are frowned on/upon.

Lilly001

My wife and I have gone through this with her mother and my dad. And now we are beginning again with her sister.
Our prayers are with you.
But also a little hard gained advise.
Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
Talk to your wife about the time when the two of you can no longer provide the care your loved one requires.
And look at it that way. You are NOT abandoning them. You are ensuring their care and safety.
God bless you and your wife.

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Praying for God's Grace on your behalf

Core Lokt

Prayers for strength and support man. Don't loose you patients with your wife in trying times too, it will be easy to do in such stressful times like this.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I will send a prayer for all of you.

Also, are y’all taking advantage of home health resources ? They have both medical and emotional services

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Prayers from here ! That is a awful disease to watch someone u love go through !

nickel back

I will send a prayer for all of you.

Also, are y’all taking advantage of home health resources ? They have both medical and emotional services

covid-19, not sure if that's the reason but getting help is like pulling teeth.

My mothers health is good, its her mind that is shot. The Doc says he has given her the best meds he can give for her mind.

nickel back

Prayers for strength and support man. Don't loose you patients with your wife in trying times too, it will be easy to do in such stressful times like this.

You're very correct with what you say but, its my mother I loose my patients with 99% of the time.

GeorgiaBob

I understand a little of your pain, especially the guilt when you are frustrated and tired. My In-Laws (BOTH of them) suffered through several years of senile dementia before we knew they were failing, then my wife and I suffered through another three years while caring for them.

Our case was different. We were fortunate to find (and be able to afford) a senior care facility nearby before they became too much for us. We ended up placing both in that specialized care home (fortunately together in the same "apartment") when taking care of two obstinate mental adolescents became too much. Though we were there for them every day, most of the difficult jobs in caring for them were done by professionals as their minds, then bodies, failed before our eyes. We still say prayers daily for the kindness of those people who provided 24 hour care.

Have you considered finding someplace that will accept her for "day care"? The COVID19 panicdemic is a problem for now, but things will calm down. Finding a place to take her, even just for a few days a week, will do wonders for your peace of mind. You should already be aware that at some point your mom will need full time professional care. Easing her transition to a different environment will not be easy.

God be with you, strengthen you, and guide you, is my prayer.

nickel back

I understand a little of your pain, especially the guilt when you are frustrated and tired. My In-Laws (BOTH of them) suffered through several years of senile dementia before we knew they were failing, then my wife and I suffered through another three years while caring for them.

Our case was different. We were fortunate to find (and be able to afford) a senior care facility nearby before they became too much for us. We ended up placing both in that specialized care home (fortunately together in the same "apartment") when taking care of two obstinate mental adolescents became too much. Though we were there for them every day, most of the difficult jobs in caring for them were done by professionals as their minds, then bodies, failed before our eyes. We still say prayers daily for the kindness of those people who provided 24 hour care.

Have you considered finding someplace that will accept her for "day care"? The COVID19 panicdemic is a problem for now, but things will calm down. Finding a place to take her, even just for a few days a week, will do wonders for your peace of mind. You should already be aware that at some point your mom will need full time professional care. Easing her transition to a different environment will not be easy.

God be with you, strengthen you, and guide you, is my prayer.

being able to afford would be so awesome right now, my mother only gets a little over $1000 a month, that is nothing to a nursing home, a good one that is anyways.

We have looked into the day care and wanted to do that but in our little town of Thomaston it has been closed, its been closed for a while now. ( need to relook into this to see if they have open back up) One of my sisters help out from week to week but when mom comes back from there she is confused and thinks she is being kicked out from home to home and that no one wants her, its quiet sad.

I really don't want to put her in a home that has 2 to three folks to the room, I've seen them and how they operate(dated a lady that ran one)its ugly. It may come to the point I have no choice but to do just that though.

walkinboss01

Prayers sent. That’s a tough situation to be dealing with. God bless y’all.