Bear Encounter Pt.2

Buckman18

Black bear here, near a popular trout stream that had a report of a missing fly fisherman a couple days before.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Call was just like a single toned bird. Not sure if any of the three animals I listed could make that sound. Or if I just had a bird I’ve never heard before up in the trees at the exact time I passed the tracks and my imagination did run wild. Like I said, I didn’t see it and I didn’t want to find out. And still doesn’t explain why there were more tracks going out than coming in.

Now the bear, it was definitely a bear.

Did it sound like this?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bany

My kids decided to pull out of Fort Mtn SP Sunday because “ too many bears too close”!
Has me thinking to head up there and snoop around!
Ive never had any doubts there are some “cats“ floating around North Georgia. Like some others I think ya got a little worked up over the ordeal, not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Did it sound like this?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Had no idea they did that. Learned something new.

ddd-shooter

Lots of bear activity this time of year in the woods, little ones are growing, mommas are teaching them how to forage, males are looking to breed, and they're all hungry. I doubt you saw anything other than a bobcat track, maybe a yote that didn't get his claws in good, but I've seen some really nice bobcats up here.
I'm willing to bet if you'd kept your eyes on the creek and not gone searching for tracks, you'd have never even known that bear was in the area and you would have enjoyed the birds singing to ya. I'm not coming down on you, but if ya go looking for "scary" you'll trick yourself into thinking you've found it.
Take some time, clear your head and if you have to, bring a friend next time and enjoy yourself.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Ive never had any doubts there are some “cats“ floating around North Georgia. Like some others I think ya got a little worked up over the ordeal, not that there’s anything wrong with that.
It wouldn't surprise me for one to wander through almost anywhere, but I don't think there is any breeding population in the southern Appalachians. If there was, we would definitely have them here in the Smokies. And several would wind up treed by bear hounds every year. Most of these mountains are absolutely scoured by packs of hounds for a couple months a year from top to bottom and side to side.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I do have a picture of the track I’m trying to upload for y’all to weigh in on, but I’m being told the file is to big. Any advice?
Just resize it to 1000 pixels wide. I’d like to see it.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Yessir. Stopped in for dinner at Granny`s, then went across to Tractor Supply for chicken feed.
Dang it! I thought that was you. Me and my little girl came in Tractor Supply while y’all were in line checking out. I started to walk over but hadn’t seen you in awhile and wasn’t a hundred percent sure it was you. Should have known.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Dang it! I thought that was you. Me and my little girl came in Tractor Supply while y’all were in line checking out. I started to walk over but hadn’t seen you in awhile and wasn’t a hundred percent sure it was you. Should have known.

Next time holler at me. Be good to see you.

Taxman

I do have a picture of the track I’m trying to upload for y’all to weigh in on, but I’m being told the file is to big. Any advice?

I have trouble resizing sometimes. I just email to myself and I get a popup. I always pick the smallest size to save. It works for me.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Not that I heard. Just his Subaru with a Florida Gators tag and drag Mark's in the leaves nearby. And a half eaten box of granola bars in the car.
Hey, I was hungry.