Bumper pull camper question

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
We are about to take the plunge it looks like. Looking at a 24' Jayco 245RLS. Any one have one and care to give a review?? We also looked at a Transcend by Grand Design but are leaning towards the Jayco.

Head East

Thats a nice unit. The transends are a bit nicer. We gave serious consideration to that one. We opted to go with the Jayco 21qb and its been a low cost, low maintenance way to get some r&r. Everything has worked well. For just the wife and i, it has been a great buy. We will trade up in a year or so, looking for a fifth wheel. Been very happy with the dealer in augusta. CRSA camperland. Leo has been great.

Red dirt clod

We bought a 26 foot Jayco in 2011. Only had to replace the clear dome over the shower from a crack. Just sold a month ago, we were very pleased with it.

bany

I would tell you to not buy a Jayco anything!

TinKnocker

My opinion on campers in general, they are rolling straw huts. I have owned several bumper pull campers and toyhaulers. They are all thin sheet metal and presswood. Watch a video of a few being slapped together and you might consider a different investment. :bounce:

T-N-T

I own a jayco. It's a good camper in my opinion. Campers need to be stored under a roof for longevity, plain and simple.

Worley

Whatever brand you buy it doesn’t matter, keep it sheltered under a roof and u will be happy for many years. Most assume it’s ok to park for years in the weather and take abuse of UV rays day in/out and they ain’t going to period. I’ve owned em for 15 years or more and ain’t never ever experienced a roof leak...Cover is the key, remember that!

Kmule610

The wife and I just purchased a used Grand Design Imagine XLS 17 MKE. So far, we are very pleased with it. Going Sunday for a few days of R&R to West Point. Might not be a great investment but it’s also about the adventure and spending time with family and friends.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Update*** We found a great deal on a 2 year old Heartland Mallard that was barely used. Got it home and are currently getting all the things for travel purchased.

Tunaman

BANNED
Update*** We found a great deal on a 2 year old Heartland Mallard that was barely used. Got it home and are currently getting all the things for travel purchased.
Good for you!!! Jayco is a good trailer but you get kicked in the butt when yo buy new. The day you sign the papers you lost 1/4 to 1/3. You did the right thing by letting someone else take the kick!!
We had a JAYCO 26BH JAYFLIGHT. Good little trailer. Sold it and wanted a little more room. Had a young couple look at it, it was still new, 2018. They asked "whats the best travel trailer". I said "whatever one you're looking at, at the time"!! But in truth they're all a piece of crap. Although TinKnocker sin't entirely right, most today are not pressed board, thats last decade, they are made light, cheap. They have to be light.
I do like some of the newer ones with the spaced out axels, tow easier and less sway. Many today are aluminum studs, floor joists as opposed to wood. Also not wooden sides on some.

bany

That’s great and probably the best way to buy one! ENJOY! We actually had a Mallard in our final three when we were buying. Store under roof and inspect the seams and roof all the time is the best advice!
I noticed a few jumping to defend a Jayco. Mine had a very poor toilet install that took a few years to discover, as it leaked and rotted out from the inside til the black tank dropped. Even with picture evidence they didn’t give TWO CENTS! Three corners of the roof leaked also. The rubber roof was short of covering the back side and one front corner was actually cut about 18” across 5” short and folded up under the siding. It was set to fail before it left the building. Again the company failed to respond.
SORRY TO VENT (kinda) Enjoy your unit and all your new adventures!!

Tunaman

BANNED
Yeah I'm not surprised any...they all make lemons, did you go straight to JAYCO or the dealer? Dealers do not care....at all!