Allatoona lake monster

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Big ol` longnose.

the Lackster

Caught a lot gar over the years my friend ane that one there is a dang hoss.

lampern

Glad you released him.

Many folks see them as trash fish but they apparently eat carp and other species bass won't.

snapdog

That is a big one anywhere.

ryork

Don’t know if there’s even a record established for far at Allatoona but would be willing to bet that’s it!

ringorock

Wow! Awesome. My daughter flipped her lid the other evening when we were out there. She had her toes in the water, looked down, and there was a giant gar below her.

Jonboater

Catching that fish definitely got me interested in fishing for them now. Going to make some rope lures this week and going give it a shot this weekend. Think it would be pretty cool to sight fish for them and catch them.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Bet it took a minute to get him in the boat. Those big gar can flat out tote a noodle across the lake at a high rate of speed when you start chasing them.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Catching that fish definitely got me interested in fishing for them now. Going to make some rope lures this week and going give it a shot this weekend. Think it would be pretty cool to sight fish for them and catch them.
After hearing how good the backstraps are on them, I have been after them.....gotta try it,
That is a GIANT! I’ve seen them like that out there , but not quite that close! I saw one like that with a big ole fish in its mouth. That’s like a dinosaur. CONGRATS on a great catch!

Jonboater

Your not kidding nchillbilly had to put the Minn Kota 80 lb thrust on high to chase him down. And he still almost put a 2ft long xl pool noodle under. Only fish we caught that night but made are night.