Killing fleas

CamoDawg85

Ladies and Gents, I’m embarrassed to say the wifey and I found the first flea ever on one of our dogs last week. They have never been on any flea meds up to this point in their life but we ordered frontline and applied over the weekend. My ultimate question is, is there a dependable home remedy or granule I can spread around the yard that will kill fleas, at least temporary, for say 2/4/6/8 months before it needs to be reapplied? Thank you in advance for any feedback!

Jeff

lukeclem4901

Banned PUNK
What he said although it won't kill them instantly. Let the soap sit about 15 minutes before rinsing and make sure you start with soap around the neck. Also don't overdue the bathing or they'll scratch even more

Beneficial nematodes are supposed to be good for yard treatment

Buddrow

Make sure you get food grade diatomaceous earth. Not sure of difference between the two. But from what ive read everyone says use food grade.

280 Man

Banned
Ladies and Gents, I’m embarrassed to say the wifey and I found the first flea ever on one of our dogs last week. They have never been on any flea meds up to this point in their life but we ordered frontline and applied over the weekend. My ultimate question is, is there a dependable home remedy or granule I can spread around the yard that will kill fleas, at least temporary, for say 2/4/6/8 months before it needs to be reapplied? Thank you in advance for any feedback!

Jeff

I'm an exterminator by trade. Talstar P, or Bifen IT for your yard. This stuff will kill more than fleas. 1/2 ounce to one ounce per gallon of water. I normally mix at one ounce per when I spray yards.

As far as your dog. There's better flea remedies than Frontline. I use Comfortis flea pills for my dogs. Trifexis is another good one.

WayneB

I'm an exterminator by trade. Talstar P, or Bifen IT for your yard. This stuff will kill more than fleas. 1/2 ounce to one ounce per gallon of water. I normally mix at one ounce per when I spray yards.

As far as your dog. There's better flea remedies than Frontline. I use Comfortis flea pills for my dogs. Trifexis is another good one.
My go to is Demand CS. Works on almost everything.

snooker1

I use ecosmart to treat the yard. I do it about 4 times a year and it works for me. It is not harmful to dogs or children.

280 Man

Banned
My go to is Demand CS. Works on almost everything.

I like Demand as well. I also like Tandem. Ive found that Tandem works a little better on American cockroaches, palmetto bugs. Tandem has lambda-cyhalothrin, which is a pyrethroid, the same as Demand but also has thiamethoxam, which is a neonicotinoid. A broad-spectrum systemic insecticide which is absorbed quickly.

The only thing about Tandem, it leaves a little more residue when dried. Have to be careful on dark color trim inside homes. rather quickly.

DAWG1419

Add in some Archer and it won’t let the eggs develop, then you will break the cycle

https://www.domyown.com/archer-igr-p-365.html